• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TheRacer02

1. TheRacer02

2.5L ('98-'01) Replace engine or replace head

Yeah will not be doing the rebuild my self. Unless I find a crazy cheap core and have it built while I can still drive the truck. That was my fear as well. Once the head was done I just pictured the bottom end letting go.
  2. TheRacer02

Yeah jasper quoted me around 3300 delivered to my door. It may be a bit steep for me. I am still looking around. The bearings never saw coolant (coolant jacket to cylinder) changed the oil after the gasket swap just was dirty oil not maybe 1% water. Truck also sat for 6 months im still shocked...
  3. TheRacer02

So almost 3 years ago I purchased a 98 with a blown head gasket for $250....first weekend my wife and I swapped the head gasket. Found a decent crack in cylinder 1 at the time we didn't care(bought the truck to teach her how to drive stick....later fell in love with the truck and now my DD)...
  4. TheRacer02

Best 2.3 to build?

Wanna pull it and ship it to az :LOL:
  5. TheRacer02

Back in the ranger world.

Yeah I am sure a brand new engine would be great you wanna pay the 2500 for then work out the wiring headaches to bring the 98 truck up to 2019. Or just buy a long block swap pistons and run mega squirt for half what the new engine cost
  6. TheRacer02

Best 2.3 to build?

Thats my plan found a few 88s at my local yard might go pull one tear it down swap pistons ($400 is cheap for pistons used to seeing $700-800 for volvo pistons.) Stinger-performace has a set for $600 cnc machined cp pistons. Will then prob run megasquirt or stingers PiMP and just slam it all in...
  7. TheRacer02

Most likely...I am having so much fun in this truck i have missed having a small truck. And it helps that I am not fixing it every weekend like I was with my jeep Xj
  8. TheRacer02

Best 2.3 to build?

Do I want to build a 2.3 no not really was really hoping to refresh a 2.3t but seeing how I can not find a single one I have started to look into building one dont think I want to spend top dollar on anther engine build (volvos are not the most common thing to build parts are scarce and when...
  9. TheRacer02

Hi all name is steve i am a vehicleholic! Anyways picked up a 98 2.3 dual plug with a blown headgasket for my wife to learn to drive stick on. The truck was 250 put about 250 into it then fell in love with it (missed my 05 edge i had back in the day apparently) Planning on making a good...
  10. TheRacer02

Best 2.3 to build?

I have been looking into building an engine for my 98. I have been searching from all over hell and back to find a 2.3t long block coming up with zero at the moment. Found a few on ebay on the wrong coast and people wont ship. So my next option would be run down to the pick and pay for a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad