• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by take a chance

1. Can a cat cause this issue?

UPDATE! One of my fuel injectors that I just purchased in went bad. It was stuck open and filled my intake on cylinder 1 with fuel. I replaced it with on of the old ones I had but still getting misfire. Because the cylinder was full of fuel it fouled my plug. I'm thinking it may have blown the...
  2. Can a cat cause this issue?

I changed the wires yesterday and I am still having misfire and both o2 sensors are saying they are stuck rich and I'm smoking and you can smell the unburnt fuel. I also unplugged my maf sensor and the truck idled with no change and started with it unplugged. Even after resetting the codes.
  3. Can a cat cause this issue?

Well I finally got a code. Cylinder 1 misfire (easy right?) Changed the plugs. Still misfiring. Changed coil pack. Still there. Took the plug wire off cyl 1 and swapped it for another. Still cyl 1 misfire and added multiple random misfire code and cyl 3 misfire!! The plug wire I swapped out was...
  4. Can a cat cause this issue?

Thank you for info I will check those. I am not sure what "baro pid" means. You said it would be helpful.
  5. Can a cat cause this issue?

I'm sure it is possible. I have sprayed ether while it was running to try and identify any vacuum leaks with no change. I know that isn't a fool proof way but it is the best I have at the moment.
  6. Can a cat cause this issue?

Yea IAC is what I meant thank you.
  7. Can a cat cause this issue?

I am not throwing any codes. I have a scan tool.
  8. Can a cat cause this issue?

My 04 ranger edge has been havin issues with hesitating when i take off. I have noticed that it only does it now when the engine is warm. Also when idling it will randomly stutter like it is trying to stall. Originally I thought it was the a/c compressor kicking on and off but it does it with it...
  9. Vapor purge valve solenoid

I tried to clean the IAC Valve and it did not help I am going to try to replace it. I was wondering if I should do my TPS at the same time? The hesitation is getting pretty bad. I have to feather the clutch and Rev up the motor to take off from a stand still.
  10. Vapor purge valve solenoid

Just an update, I cleaned the iac and it did need a new o2 sensor. No codes as of yet but evap still needs to go. Found out that the Vapor canister on my truck is actually supposed to be on a 4.0 not 3.0. Don't understand that bit have a new one on the way. Will it cause any issues if I was to...
  11. Vapor purge valve solenoid

Thank you for the suggestion I will swap the o2's tonight and try that. Thr rpm was getting stuck at 2800 to 3300. As I came to a stop and applied my clutch it would just start climbing out of nowhere. It is getting to be over 100° now so a negative effect on performance is expected. I will...
  12. Front Sway Bar Stabilizer or possible ball joint issue .

I would google front end suspension and steering kits. Should run $300-$500 in my experience and (generally) really not difficult to put on the parts especially with haynes manual. Will come with ball joints, tierod ends, sway bar links etc.
  13. Vapor purge valve solenoid

Hey guys my 04 edge with 3.0 has been acting like it is going to die when taking off, giving me p0171, and getting stuck in high rpm when I was coming to a stop until I bumped the throttle a few times. My purge valve was bad and I changed it. Also put new gas cap and new fuel pump and inlet fuel...
  14. A little advise if you please

Thank you for all of the responses. Im going to try to find a 3.0 motor and keep it as is so i can get it back on the road. From what I was told today it will be anywhere from a week to 6 weeks before I can even get one here then I still have to transfer the parts and drop it in. This forum has...
  15. A little advise if you please

The performance leaves me wanting. It doesnt want to get moving and the fuel mileage sucks at an avg of 14 mi/gal. Between my rack and tools I am carrying a lot of weight on a fairly regular basis. This is why I would consider going to the 5.0. I think the mileage would be about the same except...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad