• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Shran

1. Shran

AR-15 shooters....

Why do kids like Legos? Why do we like Rangers? Why do the Toyota guys like Tacomas? Easy to build, fun to build, literally a million different parts & pieces to customize it exactly the way you want. You're not just taking something off the shelf and using it, you can make it your own. I...
  2. Shran

AR-15 shooters....

Hi-point is fine, I’ve owned a number of pistols and a 9mm carbine. They all functioned flawlessly. They are kinda ugly and very difficult to disassemble & clean - that’s my one complaint. Kel-Tec carbines are very cool, I will probably end up with one at some point. Guess I don’t see the...
  3. Shran

New tools you've bought recently?

@Rick W you frighten me, homie. I can only imagine that thing getting bound up or coming apart... these grinder wheels are out of control. Have you seen that chainsaw disc that Harbor Freight sells? With all the talk of how dangerous table saws are lately, I just have to comment that I...
  4. Shran

1984 Ford Ranger V6 2.8L 4x4 Starter Issue

Count the teeth on your current starter bendix gear. May have 9 or 10. The 10 tooth repair works for some people. If you already have a 10 tooth bendix, the problem is elsewhere. Couple other things to check include the bolts - are they really loose in the holes, are the threads in the holes...
  5. Shran

Need bolts sizes and some ins and outs

Sounds like you have a basket case on your hands. Bolts will be metric thread. I don't know and I doubt anyone here will know the exact lengths you need. I would suggest measuring the depth of the hole in each bracket and adding about 3/4"/2cm or so to go into the block, and then hit up the...
  6. Shran

Diagnosis help, need to replace AC compressor?

May just need a clutch, sounds like a bad bearing and it looks like the clutch plate is wobbling a bit? Pretty hard to tell from the video, it is pretty short and we need more details on what is going on to help you troubleshoot it.
  7. Shran

Project #11 - new daily driver '94 Ranger

I'm moving some tires around - if you follow my other builds, you may recognize these, so just a hint that there will be a small surprise coming next week. This truck needed tires pretty bad, the rears were at about 15% and the fronts were better but weather checked enough that I don't want to...
  8. Shran

"Dose" the ultra cheap offroad race Explorer turned rock crawler

Over the weekend I set the pinion angle and welded the perches on. Rear is sitting on its own weight. I will need to redo the brakes plus it needs shocks/tabs, driveshaft, some other little things but I'm happy with the suspension height so I can move to the front and finish up the small stuff...
  9. Shran

Also since my last update I scored a Warn 8274 winch, a Riddler D44 diff cover, bunch of other small stuff. I bought a tubing bender on Black Friday last year and will be using that for a roll cage and probably a few other things - armor around the wheel wells & stuff. Still undecided on front...
  10. Shran

Somewhat of an update - I wheeled this truck at our club event a couple years ago and it has basically just sat on my car trailer since then. The fuel pump is acting up and I just really need to do something with it so I pulled it in the shop and started swapping axles last night. I got the...
  11. Shran

AR-15 shooters....

You have a million options. Pick a caliber first. Then build it yourself. If I had to buy a complete one I would probably lean towards S&W. If you build it - don't drop a bunch of cash on a fancy lower and a bunch of high dollar junk. Anderson lowers are what I would suggest. Don't buy a...
  12. Shran

'87 Bii 4x4 w/ power steering. Looking for a good 2" inch lift, preferably keeping the TTB front suspension.

https://dufftuff.com/product/1983-97-ranger-standard-cab-3-stage-1-suspension-lift/#choose-cab-type That's what I would suggest. They basically copied the Ford STX High Rider lift brackets and added their own springs/shocks/etc. A drop pitman arm might be needed as well, for some reason those...
  13. Shran

1994 Ford Ranger No Fuse Panel in Side Panel

@Jim Oaks he is correct, that page should read 1995-1997(?) maybe it applies to 98 and newer in some cases too
  14. Shran

1983 ranger won’t turn over

Ignition switch is a common problem on our trucks, there is a metal piece clipped onto a plastic piece and there are several little metal fingers that hold the plastic piece in place. Over time these bend and cause the switch to come apart. You can clamp it back together in a vise and bend the...
  15. Shran

Slave cylinder differences by year

The later ones twist into the firewall and the earlier ones bolt onto it. The pushrod length may be different as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad