• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rusty ol ranger

1. rusty ol ranger

1987 Ford Bronco II trans and motor

Your best bet is a 90-99 4.0/5sp. Basically any OHV 4.0. You can use a 5 sp off an SOHC but theres a hole or something slightly different on the bellhousing. I dont know all the details. The 4.0 SOHC....you might as well go 302.
  2. rusty ol ranger

Steering Wheel swap question

You talking this style? I dont think so. I havent had the wheel off my 77 in a while but IIRC the shafts are larger then the rangers. It could probably be done if you were determined enough....but i dont think itd be an easy thing. Im assuming you have a 90 by your name....the early (83-84...
  3. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

To be fair it was a 3rd gen 4wd so i just assumed it was a 4.0 untill i popped the hood...that and the fact its in the junkyard donateing parts to a still living 2.9 both say volumes:ROFLMAO: Ill pry end up using the 460 one...i could get it cut back longer on the harness...even though on the...
  4. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

You were correct. I went to the u-pull and grabbed two of them...one off an 90 460 and another off a 95 3.0 (i know...blasphemy pulling 3.0 parts for a 2.9)... Either way....both were exactly the same. Best part of all the old man that runs the yard gave em' to me free. Going out tomorrow...
  5. rusty ol ranger

1990 Ford Ranger Very Nice Restoration Small Lift New Tires 4x4

Its a very annoying double edged sword. On one hand, its good becauae with the big money being thrown around its pretty much guranteed that these things we love will forever be around, and not bought for 300 bucks by a 16 year old to go and jump around a dirtbike course with it untill the frame...
  6. rusty ol ranger

T case shift knob

Yeah i bought a used OEM one. I seen dorman (?) Makes aftermarket new ones but the map is black and etched into the plastic and looks to modern for my taste
  7. rusty ol ranger

Loss of power Steering After new pump. 1990 Bronco ii 2.9

Id return it and get one from a parts store. Athough all part quality sucks nowadays
  8. rusty ol ranger

Loss of power Steering After new pump. 1990 Bronco ii 2.9

I would assume so. Where did you buy the pump? What brand?
  9. rusty ol ranger

Wanted TK bellhousing 2.3 4cyl

Just dont diss the 2.9 we'll get along fine :ROFLMAO:
  10. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

Eh maybe ill swing to the yard tomorrow on my way home then
  11. rusty ol ranger

Wanted TK bellhousing 2.3 4cyl

If no one has one you could try www.car-part.com. ....and the 2.3 isnt inferior....the 3.0 is.:ROFLMAO:
  12. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

If i was sure the 4.0 and others used that plug id pry go junkyard but i know of one 2.9 in a 40 mile radius....and hes got a 35 dollar minimum on any parts
  13. rusty ol ranger

1990 Ford Ranger Very Nice Restoration Small Lift New Tires 4x4

Its definantly eye candy....and its got the right engine... The price seems outrageous but thats about the going rate for time capsule-esque mid to late 80's to mid 90's ford trucks. Personally id rather have a patina'ed survivor truck....not a museum piece.
  14. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

I went to crapa to get a new cable and they actually could order a new pigtail. 18 bucks but it saves hassle of junkyard scrounging. Thats where i messed up on my ranger, i was so overwhelmed with EFI (it was the first EFI ressurection i did) i spent alot of money on parts i probably didnt...
  15. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

Well i fixed 3 wires in that fender harness. Harvested wires off of rusty #1, spliced them in, and it did run better. Not great...hut better. In the process of digging out the EEC test wires i found this.... Thats the coolant temp sensor plug. The strands of wire? Yeah thats the green wire...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad