Recent content by Rowdy Fitzgerald

1. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Next time I pull them I'm going to weld up the cracks, check their mating surface and replace the gaskets.
  2. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Sorry guys, been busy. I do believe that I need to replace exhaust manifold gaskets due to the shitty Advance adapter headers cracking, warping and never staying tight.
  3. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

I'm not sure, I would have to look up the part number again to be sure. But I believe that it's out of an 89 mustang.
  4. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

So I haven't even moved her in almost 2 months. She's been setting in the garage. I picked up another muffler in hopes to quit it down. Also because I have a couple exhaust leaks and I am tired of smelling it in the cab. But I've been too busy and broke to do much of anything with it.
  5. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Diesel anyone?

If you do a 1.9tdi swap you can get a mechanical injection pump to eliminate the headache of the wiring and dash. A larger injector pump, turbo, injectors can be bought for under $2k. The adapter kit is roughly $1200. Then you just have to do the work.
  6. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

So I finally figured out how to complete the EGR delete. I followed this guy's instructions . It cleared my check engine light and fixed the surging idle. It's still idling low so I need to adjust that but she's running better! Hopefully my fuel mileage will improve. It's getting 10mpg now. I...
  7. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Took it out huntin last night. It did real good. Has a couple small issues though. I have a couple exhaust leaks which are obnoxious, need to finish hooking up the guages, have to build a shifter for the doubler because it pops out of gear while going down hill at highway speeds and I think I'm...
  8. Rowdy Fitzgerald

1986 2.3 L Diesel Ranger

Just a little too far from me. I'm in Nevada.
  9. Rowdy Fitzgerald

1986 2.3 L Diesel Ranger

Location and price?
  10. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Well I've been driving it around and played a little bit in my front pasture. She's running good and everything seems to be working well. My only worry is that the front drive shaft may max out and bind up at full flex. This is settin on flat ground.
  11. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Little joke I found this morning.
  12. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

So I trimmed the passenger coil bucket and upmper track arm bracket. It rides and drives like a dream. I ordered a egr delete connector for the harness but it never showed up. Gonna contact the company and complain.
  13. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Finally got around to leveling up the front. I Also raised it an inch to improve the track arm clearance. Tomorrow I'm gonna trim the bottom of the coil buckets and the upper track arm bracket. Had a little mishap yesterday. Took the wife out into the back pasture to do doughnuts and the...
  14. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

I think it's good. Anyone think it's a bad pattern?
  15. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Yeah I agree. I haven't made time to work on it yet. We went to my wife's friend's so I could work on her jeep for her, this morning. So that messed up my whole day. Gonna start first thing in the morning.