• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rowdy Fitzgerald

1. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I wonder if that works on pack rats too?
  2. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Thank you, I’ll get some measurements when I tear into it and start looking!
  3. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

It’s been a year since I did the front end. I think I used a drum brake spring, but I think I’ll look for an external spring now.
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Went hunting the other day, found out I’ve done some damage to the front end. Broke off one of the tabs on the DS RA bracket, popped the cap off the PS inner axle shaft. I installed a spring to delete the C-clip. Well the tack welds didn’t hold. That allowed the axle to slide out some and let...
  5. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Congratulations and glad she’s doing good! One bonus on him coming early is he’s on the smaller side so hopefully delivery was easier for her. My brother in-law’s kids came out around 9lbs….
  6. Just Plain Stupied

It’s good to hear that you’re feeling better DG! Have you tried looking into the holistics and hippy stuff like herbs and grounding? It might be worth a try, to see if it actually works for you. Just something that works to relieve the stress and keep your mind straight. I know PTSD ain’t no joke.
  7. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Finally got around to building a new front hitch receiver for the winch. Hooked the winch up and made sure it’s working. Hopefully I won’t have to dig the truck out anymore!
  8. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

That’s classy AF! I approve!
  9. I was scammed

I haven’t ever bought a kinetic tope so I don’t know prices. But Matt’s Off Road Recovery sells the ropes they use on their show. I know they’re made in the US, in Idaho I think. https://mattsoffroadrecovery.com/collections/recovery-gear
  10. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Beat it like it owed me money, yesterday. Got it stuck for the second time, since I installed a rear bumper and a tow hitch. That sucker has screwed me too many times! I’m gonna build a new rear bumper with a tow hitch built in. That should give me like 4-6” more ground clearance. And a better...
  11. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

That’s okay, I have more than enough to go around! Also, I’m lacking some common sense lol…
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Is that where I went wrong? :icon_confused:
  13. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Yes sir, I was dumb and wasn’t prepared. Definitely not my finest moment. But through sheer refusal to quit, I barely got out lol. That’s really the only thing I can brag about, I don’t give up easily. If I had fixed my mirrors and or paid more attention then I wouldn’t have been in that...
  14. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Got it stuck yesterday and then used a ratchet strap to pull the front end sideways after some extensive digging with a fold up military style shovel. I buried the whole back end because the hitch was sitting on the bank back there. I threw my back out 3 days ago and this didn’t help it. I...
  15. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I attempted to fix the lower RA retaining bolt today. But after I wee welded the bung back down, I removed the bolt to let everything cool faster so I could lock tite it back. Well I cross threaded it trying yo put it back. Then after drilling out the first 2 or 3 threads and trying to run the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad