• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerDanger2

1. RangerDanger2

Little Ford Ranger working hard! Big trucks? Beauty Queens.

I agree with all the statements. I'm 54 and have the financial power to purchase any truck I want with any options I want. My last two trucks (which I owned simultaneously) was a 2006 Nissan Titan SE that I purchased new with a 6 foot box and I inherited a pristine 1993 Chevrolet extended cab...
  2. RangerDanger2

Rostra aftermarket cruise control

I'm trying not to pull the column out if I don't have too. The new Rostra is only $249 shipped, so I might have to give it a try.
  3. RangerDanger2

Yes, another poor mileage 4.0

Just filled up again today and getting 14.7 in-town after a can of Sea Foam. Put another can in today, I'll see how that does.
  4. RangerDanger2

Resurrected 4.0

It really is however I'm thinking about changing to 3.73 gears. She only turns 2300 at 75 mph so it's not so peppy at higher speeds unless I turn off overdrive then it becomes a rocket ship. I'm like you though, I have totally fallen in love with this little truck. For the past 20 years I've had...
  5. RangerDanger2

Resurrected 4.0

I thought I would share my restored 2004 4.0 long bed that I purchased several weeks ago. Decided to purchase a retired City of Orlando work truck with only 43K on the clock, auto, 3.55 limited slip with a perfect interior. The outside however was fairly poor, so I put a new cheap paint job on...
  6. RangerDanger2

They are a little spendy, and I have considered replacing them. I'm waiting to run a few tanks of gas through it with Sea Foam and the cleaned MAF to see how the mileage does. Right now, it keeps going up so it might have been the dirty MAF and injectors. I'll post my results as the data comes in.
  7. RangerDanger2

Helper springs or AIR LIFT Ride Control/Firestone Air Bags?

I've been looking at Hellwig springs from S&D Truck springs which are also bolt in upgrades.
  8. RangerDanger2

Cleaning the MAFS - I'll Be Damned!

I did the same thing by using CRC (CRS) MAF cleaner. The difference in my '04 - 4.0 was nothing short of amazing. Before cleaning, I was getting 13.5 mpg on the highway. I'm now getting 14.5 mpg in town driving.
  9. RangerDanger2

Helper springs or AIR LIFT Ride Control/Firestone Air Bags?

Just purchased an '04 Ranger long bed with 4.0 engine. Absolutely love the truck, just loaded it with 1200lbs +/- of cargo which the truck handled with no problem. The rear springs dropped considerably so I'm considering either helper springs or augmenting with air bag suspension. Would like to...
  10. RangerDanger2

Rostra aftermarket cruise control

Hey all! I have a '04 Ranger with the 4.0 and want to add cruise control. Wondering if anyone on the forum has installed the Rostra universal cruise on their Ranger. I've spoken with Rostra and of course they say it works great. Anyone with experience installing and using? What's your thoughts?
  11. RangerDanger2

Help please - engine cover part number search

That would be great if someone had one. I've called every junk yard in the Tampa Bay area and no one has a 4.0 Ranger right now. Go figure!
  12. RangerDanger2

So I just filled up the tank and the 4.0 is now getting 14.4 mpg city driving which is up from 13 mpg highway. All I've done is clean the MAF so far. I did check the plugs and they looked ok. So I'm hoping the dirty MAF was my problem relative to bad fuel economy.
  13. RangerDanger2

2004 Ranger front end - need help

I've tightened them up and still getting that clunking sound from the front end. Will be digging into the problem further on Sunday. Wish me luck!
  14. RangerDanger2

Pulled out spark plugs and the tips are a little bit dark, dry, but not bad. I've seen a huge performance difference after cleaning the MAF, so I'm wondering if the MAF could have been causing the MPH issue. I have a fresh tank in now and will check once the tank is gone.
  15. RangerDanger2

Yea, I just found that out concerning the mileage. I was looking at the wrong chart. Hopefully I'll get in the 18 to 20 hwy and 16 - 17 in town.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad