• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by modelageek

1. modelageek

Vibration/shudder while under power

Fyi: transmission got better as I put miles on it. Right now it is pretty smooth. I know ATF is a good detergent, maybe its cleaning it up.
  2. modelageek

update: it appears to be much better: wallys world was out of transmission fluid. Oreilys wanted $93 for 12 quarts of maxlife. I decided to just go to Valvoline. I am fully aware of the perils of the tranny flush. I was out the door with 10 freash quarts of maxlife in 30 minutes for $150.07...
  3. modelageek

I just ordered a wix filter. I think I'll do a fluid exchange. It's due for one. I have a Walmart 2 miles away. Will Mercon V ST work or is there something better. I do dislike Walmart. Thoughts.
  4. modelageek

Hhhmmm, interesting..... Truck has 184k I bought it with 137k w/bad timing chain. Looks like tranny fluid was changed at 120k but don't know if filter was changed. It has a separate tranny cooler. Fluid is pink /red and still spells like tranny fluid. Not burnt at all.
  5. modelageek

4WD... I've considered that maybe it's something in the 4WD. I've kept up on all maintenance. The only issue with the truck was/is the p0420 but since it is over 15 years old it passes inspection.
  6. modelageek

2004 Ranger has a vibration/shudder while under power. Does not do it when coasting in neutral. It appears to be from the front, floorboards vibrate, etc. I jacked the entire front up and off the ground and checked as best as I could and didn't notice anything. I took it to my mechanic who...
  7. modelageek

p0351, p0352, p0353

Truck died on me about a mile from home. I pulled the codes and it pointed me to ignition coil. I got out and inspected the area. I noticed that the bracket holding the wiring harness on to the valve cover was loose. its the small bolt right in the center of the picture. it has the wire with...
  8. modelageek

A.C. magnet plate.

This might be the wrong forum but......I'm helping out a friend with a 2002 Taurus w/3.0 vulcan. His magnetic plate on the AC is fubared. Can I just remove the 10mm Bolt and the plate and be on my way without any A.C.. Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
  9. modelageek

Battery light came on?

I checked volts with truck running and I got 12.05. with truck off I am getting 12.35. Belt is good, everything else looks fine. Interstate battery is 9 months old. I assume I need an alternator. I am having a little bit of a time figuring out what alternator I need. I have the "2 holes" on the...
  10. modelageek

Oil light came on then went off

It has been raining for about 24 hours. This morning when I started the truck the oil light was on/came on. I am not sure at what point i noticed the oil light was on. Truck had been running for a little bit. Truck seems to be running fine. I turned it off and then on etc. eventually the light...
  11. modelageek

4x4 light not staying on

When I switch to 4x4 high the 4x4 light comes on and I hear the transfer case. The truck goes into 4x4 but a few seconds later the light goes off. 4x4 seems to work fine and when I switch back to 4x2 it seems to go back to 4x2 fine! Any ideas? TIA Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  12. modelageek

Leak at tranny cooling line at radiator

I just dropped in a new radiator. Spectra from rockauto. I installed the radiator and the tranny lines without much of an issue. They both have a slight leak now, it's not dripping just wet when you put your finger on them. I tried tightening them. I will let them heat up and see if that...
  13. modelageek

P2195, p2197 RUNS ROUGH

went around a wet corner and revved it a little spinning the tires. the engine died. I was able to start it and get it home. runs rough. Pulled those 2 codes. fuel pressure is 65 psi. I did a little searching says it could be intake gaskets or a big vacuum leak. all thoughst encouraged. TIA its...
  14. modelageek

4wd acting up, stuck in low. I think

The 4wd in my 2004 is acting up. Truck is new to me so not sure of the history. we got a huge storm and I went out to clear the driveway, I started the truck put it in 4wd high and it the 4x4 light went on, then it went off. The 4 low light came on. I never put the switch to 4wd low. right now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad