• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kparry1997

1. kparry1997

Rebuildable Fm 145 4x4 transmission Layton, UT

Transmission has been junked at this point.
  2. kparry1997

Shoot sorry. I junked it a few months ago. I need to update that thread!

Shoot sorry. I junked it a few months ago. I need to update that thread!
  3. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

Good to know! I didn't think about grease being too thick. I considered moly too but ended up grabbing some Teflon enhanced silicone lube and sprayed that down the entire cable. So far the needle is smooth, but we'll see how it holds up!
  4. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

I got out to the scrap yard yesterday and pulled a speedo cable from an explorer with the auto and got it installed today. The speedometer works again! I used some silicone lubricant on the cable, but I was thinking grease might be a bit more appropriate. Any thoughts there? I was also curious...
  5. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

I thought about rerouting it through the transmission tunnel instead of the firewall, but if I can just grab a longer one and keep the stock routing, I think that's the better option! I'll hit the junkyard when the weather clears up!
  6. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

I've been meaning to ask if there's a modification I need to do to the speedometer cable. After the swap, the cable is just barely too short to bolt into the transfer case :cry:
  7. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

Here are some pictures of how everything turned out! Definitely not perfect, but much safer and much more organized than it was before! Let me know if the link doesn't work!
  8. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

I forgot my account info, but an update will be coming soon! The truck is registered, running and driving, and has been for awhile!
  9. kparry1997

1987 STX supercab build

I picked up this truck last month for the low price of a savage axis .308. I knew the transmission was shot when I went to pick it up, but the chassis and important bits were pretty rust free, and the body was pretty straight, and the best part is it was unmolested, with only 70k original miles...
  10. kparry1997

Rebuildable Fm 145 4x4 transmission Layton, UT

I just pulled this fm145 from my truck due to failure of the first gear on the cluster shaft. Swapping to an m5r1, so I no longer need this. Come take it if you want it! Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad