• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gw33gp

1. gw33gp

AR-15 shooters....

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against guns. I just don't understand the popularity of AR weapons for household use. I carried an M-16 during my 2 tours in Viet Nam and felt that was essential for that. I also had an M-60 on base for any attacks there. Since then, I have never had any...
  2. gw33gp

Improving spark, Upgraded Ignition Coil VS. OEM Equivalent

Indexing helps with high compression engines. I don't know if it does anything with the lower compression street engines. It certainly would not hurt though. I had to index my race car spark plugs because if the electrode base was pointing down; the piston would hit it and close the gap. At...
  3. gw33gp

AC clutch cycles on and off but doesn't stay engaged

I just went through this, and it was a low freon charge. They told me both Schrader valves had a very slow leak, and this is a common problem. They said after checking pressure or charging, the spring in the Schrader valve sometimes does not get it sealed properly. They always use a tool to...
  4. gw33gp

94 Ranger - Largest spare tire size for under bed spare carrier.

My 02 easily fits a 31x10.5" tire in the spare carrier. It is the cable type. I have a 32x11.5" spare tire in there now and it is a very tight fit. It does not go all the way up in the front but probably would if I didn't have a receiver hitch keeping it from moving back a little. That 32"...
  5. gw33gp

Sgtsandman's 2019 STX FX4

I am confused. The guys that have the newer Rangers call the 2019-2023 Rangers 5G and 2024 6G. Am I misunderstanding something, or do they have it wrong?
  6. gw33gp

How common were 2002 FX4's with 5R55W & shift-on-the-fly 4x4?

An automatic makes it much easier to rock crawl. With a manual it requires having to slip the clutch sometimes while moderate rock crawling. With extreme rock crawling you would need extremely low gears to keep from burning out the clutch. I still like my manual transmission with manual...
  7. gw33gp

AC pump repeatedly kicking in and out in certain modes

Yes, they eventually leak. However, it is doing pretty good with almost 300K miles on it. It did get a condenser replacement at around 200K miles. I guess the many miles off-road fatigued it enough to create a crack.
  8. gw33gp

For Sale 2002 Ranger FX4

It looks to be in great shape and is definitely a 02 FX4.
  9. gw33gp

Manual transfer case swap

I don't remember where, but I recall reading about someone that was trying to figure out a way to manually shift an electric shift transfer case from inside the cab with some type of cable system. I don't remember if they were successful. The 02 and 03 non-manual shift transfer case adaptors...
  10. gw33gp

How common were 2002 FX4's with 5R55W & shift-on-the-fly 4x4?

Neither the automatic nor manual 02 FX4 were common. There were definitely more automatics than manual 02 FX4's though. When I was looking for a new 02 FX4, it was more difficult to find one with a manual transmission. The 02 FX4 and 03 FX4 L2 with manual transmission also had the manual...
  11. gw33gp

I agree with that. They also put a die in it to verify they did not miss any leaks that could show up later.
  12. gw33gp

I finally got around to taking my Ranger to a shop to have the AC checked out. It was 1/2 lb. low on freon. It still had enough freon to keep it cool but low enough to cycle quickly. They found both the high and low pressure Schrader valves had slight leaks and replaced them. They also...
  13. gw33gp

For Sale 2002 Ranger FX4

I call the Level II the equivalent of the 02 FX4.
  14. gw33gp

Anyone having issues with Fedex lately?

I have not had any trouble receiving stuff through FedEx. I sent a carburetor to Holley for a rebuild though FedEx Ground, and it went back and forth between CA and TN three times before it got to Holley. Fortunately, it arrived without being damaged. I still trust FedEx over UPS.
  15. gw33gp

No Tremor Package

The Tremor package was a better sound system in the older Rangers. The 5G Ranger Tremor is a very good off-road package that in my opinion is a better overall package than the Raptor for all types of off-roading. The Tremor is not designed for flying across a desert at high speeds though...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad