• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Guanfy

1. V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

It's going. I've had to pivot to a bunch of different projects recently so I haven't really done much more with it. I did recently pick up an Explorer Sport Trac 4.10 rear axle that I intend to modify and then install to make the rear more stout. The current plan is that I need to keep a...
  2. 94 Oil Pan Gasket.

+1 for what Deiimos did. I did the same to fix a pan gasket leak. If you remove the engine mounts from the frame you can get just enough lift that you can move the pan around, but not get it out. Cut the old gasket so you can slide it out. The new improved one should be metal core so it's...
  3. Is swapping out the engine on this truck pretty straight forward nuts and bolts process?

The Taurus and Ranger/B-Series have opposite coolant flow direction in the cylinder heads. Thus, Taurus heads don't work on Rangers and the reverse is also true. There were also some differences in the oil pan, the shape of the oil pickup tube, harmonic balancer, etc. The main thing is that a...
  4. Play in center position of steering wheel

Indeed there is! I have an electronic copy of the workshop manual you are referencing. The issue is that if I have a badly done reman there will still be more wear in the middle of the worm gear than on its other sections of it. This in turn means that if I increase the mesh load enough to...
  5. V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

More updates. I have my ECU back so that's exciting. I also swung by the junkyard and picked up the transmission pigtail off a '95 F-150 that has a M5R2. It has the NSS I need and the connector for the VSS I need. The shape is different but I can depin it and pin on the connector from my...
  6. Play in center position of steering wheel

I just came back from the junkyard. Whist I was there I checked the steering play on any rangers that still had complete steering systems that were steering box and... most of them were tight in the middle. So, pretty sure my reman is bunk. I'll save up the money and get a proper reman from...
  7. Play in center position of steering wheel

Well.. the steering box is a new reman, I replaced both rag joints about a year ago and they are still in good shape. I did adjust the meshload on the steering box and that helped a bit, but dead center still is a soft spot. I rebuilt the front suspension about 2 years ago so that's still in...
  8. Play in center position of steering wheel

I've already adjusted the worm gear on the steering box about as tight as I dare. When I move the steering wheel with the hood up I see the steering shaft move about a quarter inch in either direction before it seems to engage the steering box. Is there a worn out bearing somewhere that would...
  9. Question about electronic part of the VSS on a '94 B-Series

My question is that do you actually need the electronic part if you have a manual transmission? The speedometer is cable driven so are there any instruments that require the connector there in the tailshaft of the transmission?
  10. 3.0 taurus swap. Crank but no start.

Have you run through the basics? Does it have fuel? Does it have spark? Any obstructions in getting air? Is the timing correct? I imagine for '05 that should be a cam sensor that controls this You mention your truck is a 2000 but the engine is an '05 Are there wiring differences in the...
  11. Is swapping out the engine on this truck pretty straight forward nuts and bolts process?

I've done a 3.0 to 3.0 swap on my truck. It took me around three days to get the old block out, prep the new block then sit it back in the engine bay on mounts. It then took another few on and off days to get the exhaust and transmission reconnected, set the timing, get the hood back on, etc...
  12. V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

More updates. My ECU was successfully programmed by Drag Radial Performance and is on the way back to me. I've purchased a radiator from Northern that is specifically for 302 swapped Rangers along with the 302 adapter engine mount plates from Summit Racing. That should be all the major pieces...
  13. 5.0 PCM?

I received your 2000 Ford Explorer PCM (EQE5). I checked it out, and it powers up and communicates just fine on the bench. I checked for Ford updates, and found that there is a newer calibration (FLN0) available. I can update your PCM to the latest Ford calibration for $50. I can...
  14. V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

Forgot to add that I am sending off my ECU to Drag Radial Performance of Ocala, Florida to do the PATS delete and the auto trans delete. I hope to get that in the mail this week.
  15. V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

More updates. The junkyard got my unicorn truck in. A 1995 F-150 with a 300 paired to a M5R2. The 300 has the same bolt pattern as the 302 so was able to harvest the starter shim plate and the starter, which I've been trying to find for months. Also picked up all the bellhousing bolts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad