• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by glenn123

1. glenn123

Looking for Non AC Blower Motor Housing for 87' Ranger

Im also on the hunt for a non ac heater box for my 89. Please let me know if you have any leads.
  2. glenn123

whats wrong with my heater core?

Hi ive got an 89 ranger and did a 4.0l swap about 6 months ago. And everything has been going good, till about last week. I started to smell antifreeze out of my air vents from time to time. Didn't think much of it since it would come and go. But then I saw a drip on the floor board. And thought...
  3. glenn123

stumbles at 3000rpm

I just recently did a 4.0l swap in my 89 ranger from the 2.9l. everything seems to be working okay except when I rev the motor to 3000rpm it stumbles or stutters. like its not getting enough fuel or maybe getting too much. I can get past 3000rpms if a stay on it but its nearly impossible while...
  4. glenn123

Problems with my swap!

Im getting very agitated with this swap and need my truck back on the road. I have a 89 ranger 5speed 2.9l, that I just swapped a 4.0l into. I bought a 90 ranger automatic 4.0l as my donor truck for the swap. got the engine in and every thing hooked up that I know of. I took the engine wiring...
  5. glenn123

drive shaft swap

Hi, i have a 89 extended cab ranger with a 6in lift. and i needed to do the one piece drive shaft swap. My 98 shaft came in yesterday. and i really need to get my truck on the road asap! I cant seem to understand what i need for the rear flange. i have a 7.5 rear end with 2.5" bolt spacing, and...
  6. glenn123

Wheres the Gears?

I have a 89 ranger with stock axles. So 7.5 rear and d28 front. And i really dont want to go to the 8.8 and d31 unless i have too. And my buddy told me that it was gunna be really hard to find gears for the d28. So i looked around and he was right. I cant find any anywhere over 4.56. I was...
  7. glenn123

wont start sometimes help!

I need to get to work tomorrow and just recently my 89 2.9 4x4 ranger started to have trouble starting. it started out slow, it just would take a few times of turning the key on and off then it would start. but now it wont start at all. No lights come on the dash when i have the key half...
  8. glenn123

2.9 wont fire!

I washed my truck yesterday and sprayed some degreaser on my engine and it wont fire. its trying i mean the starter is working but no fire in the engine. any suggestions?
  9. glenn123

8inch lift?

I have a 89 4x4 ranger with 2.9. And im going to eventually lift it and change out axles and change my front axle to a straight axle. and i cant find a 8in lift. do they make one and does anybody have any comments about them?
  10. glenn123

carburated or fuel injected?

carburated or fuel injected? Whats your opinion on on a v8 swap in a 89 4x4 ranger? Is one more difficult than the other?
  11. glenn123

v8 swap help

I'm not very good on computers so bear with me. Ive got a 89 2.9 ford ranger 4x4. and i was thinking about doing a carb v8 engine swap. what i would like to know is. What would i need to replace? as in axles, drive shafts, computer, wiring harness etc. basically i need to know everything about...
  12. glenn123

Slave Cylinder

I couldnt shift my 5 speed in to gear so i checked my slave cylinder reservoir and it was low about a an quarter of an inch so i added some brake fluid and it worked great. But i have to keep adding fluid everyday. So i guess i need to replace my whole slave cylinder. And i have no clue how to...
  13. glenn123

Rebuild

Im thinking about rebuilding my 2.9. Can someone tell me what i will be needing to replace and do the sell kits that have everything in it i need? And how much do the kits cost? And about how much would it cost me to pay a shop to build it if i got everything i needed?
  14. glenn123

Engine Noise

I have a 89 2.9 4x4 ranger and it has a terrible tick that is coming from my engine. The tick gets louder as the rpm's go up. Can anyone tell me what might be going on and possibly how to fix it?
  15. glenn123

What do you think?

Im trying to find some cheap 31x10.50r15 mud tires. A friend told me about this website and i found these tires. http://www.treadwright.com/p-11-31-10-50-r15-crawler-m-t.aspx And i wanted to know what was your opinion on retreaded tires. Do they last long and are they dependable? But most...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad