• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Fordisthebest30

1. Fordisthebest30

Lift Kit

So, I know it's not a ranger, but I have finally decided to lift my sierra. I want 35s with enough clearance to where they wont rub, and I only want to do suspension. Can anyone point me in the right direction to go in? Im looking at rough country, and there 4 and 6 inch suspension kits are...
  2. Fordisthebest30

Problem with new truck

i bought a new truck about a month ago, and i went to the dark side. 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4 with 125k miles for 7 grand. Well after i bought it i noticed a slight tick and it's been driving me insane. Heres a pic. Anyways, maybe it's just me but it only happens occassionally when it's cold and im...
  3. Fordisthebest30

End of an Era

I sold it couple weeks ago. I was getting tired of fixing it all the time in 40 below, and i have high hopes of buying a newer ranger, or full size truck soon. Im leaning torwards buying a full size truck, and then buying and building a play ranger or toyota. As for the mean time, im driving...
  4. Fordisthebest30

master cylinder and hydraulic line swap

I had the hydraulic line that goes into the slave cylinder with the quick disconnect line break. Im not a hundred percent sure what transmission I have, I have a 97 4.0L OHV 4x4. I guess my question is , how do I change both parts? I have the quick disconnect tool but I have no idea how to...
  5. Fordisthebest30

What do you guys think?

Ok, so first off ive been having some idling issues. I thought it was the IAC or MAF. So I cleaned both really good with MAF sensor (MAF Cleaner) and Carb and brake cleaner (IAC). Both didn't work. I then moved onto the coolant and engine temp sensors because my sensors weren't operating...
  6. Fordisthebest30

End of an Era for my Ranger

I may be going to dark side and trading my mazda for a 99 silverado http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/cto/3461059973.html any advice? thoughts on that truck
  7. Fordisthebest30

Need help! I need some maguivire advice on how to bleed a clutch with one person

I have to work in less than 12 hours, and i went to go down the road maybe 4 miles and the clutch acted strange. Well i have found the problem, the clutch reservoir was below the nipple. This is strange because i checked it 2 days ago. I think i blew a seal somewhere, but dont know. I am not...
  8. Fordisthebest30

weird idle/driving issues

so i have a 97 mazda b4000 4x4 with the 4.0L OHV and everything is stock. I started getting a weird idle back when it started to get cold outside, and now that it's -20, the truck is running strange and idling even stranger. I would usually just throw it out because it's cold and that brings out...
  9. Fordisthebest30

rough idle

I've gone through most of the tech library to try and find what i need but im not sure. For starters, when i start my truck in the morning to let it warm up, it tends to jump rpms from 500-800, and it almosts sounds like it's breathing. I am going to pull apart the MAF and clean it, but what i...
  10. Fordisthebest30

Wow nice truck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Ranger-5-Speed-Manual-4x4-Pickup-Trucks-4wd-Extra-Cab-Truck-Low-Reserve-V6-/370615693279?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item564a6aafdf i would love to get this ranger if i could afford it
  11. Fordisthebest30

hunting and fishing is disgusting!

i guess the best argument for hunters is that it's better to kill off a few deer than have a bunch starve and die. I do get why people don't like it because of the asshole poachers that give good hunters a bad name
  12. Fordisthebest30

Where's your good spots and game?

no? i bought a .338 win mag when i turned 18 here, and i live in alaska. Handguns are 21, rifles are 18
  13. Fordisthebest30

You might go to a redneck school if....

It's been tough living in Juneau where theres only deer and ducks. Duck killing is great here, deer is another story. For deer here you have to travel by skiff to an island and shoot one o the island. Can't wait to move up north and go for Moose. Im into bigger game anyways, deers fun tho.
  14. Fordisthebest30

Favorite guns to shoot?

id have to say my .300 savage, or my Colt 1911 .45
  15. Fordisthebest30

auto start for a manual?

I'm moving to fairbanks soon and i am toying with the idea of throwing an auto start in my manual mazda. I know it's not the greatest idea, but who wants to run outside in 50 below to start their truck? any advice?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad