Recent content by ExploreNW

1. ExploreNW

The CarbuRanger build thread ('94 2.3L Carb Conversion)

Looks really good so far! Your D-port head/intake combo should flow much better than the oval port & Scheffield intake I'm running currently. I nearly went HEI but I wanted to keep as much Ford as possible. HEI conversions are really good setups however and it'll treat you well. I have that same...
  2. ExploreNW

I found the leak! She runs! :icon_bounceblue: This was totally my doing too. I put the air horn for a 2150A on a 2150 because it was handy on the bench. The air horn gasket on the 2150 provides a vacuum seal on a passage at the rear left corner of the carb. The 2150A does not have that passage...
  3. ExploreNW

Building on my last post: I went out and got a kit for this carb. I checked for play around the shaft and found so little that its negligible so I decided to rebuild this one. Now it runs, but only around 1500RPM or so, and still sounds like a big leak, even with all new gaskets & a freshly...
  4. ExploreNW

PJ is right, HEI. I stumbled across some VW/Solex 1bbls at the junkyard and had another crazy idea. Remove the upper EFI log style manifold on that 2.9 and fab some adapter plates and/or spacers for the lower intake runners. 3 groups of 2 runners each sticking straight up just asking for triple...
  5. ExploreNW

I spent a lot more time out there today. It no longer leaks out of the gap between the spacers and the manifold, it leaks out of the throttle plate itself. If your kids ever had those wood carved train whistles, that's the sound it makes when it puffs and quits. It seems to blow its fine misty...
  6. ExploreNW

Latest updates... Too cold. Keep breakin' stuff. I pulled the carb that broke at the flange and discovered the intake manifold was cracked as well. The temps have been in the 20-35 degree range so there's no way I split several inches of aluminum with a 3" little weenie wrench on my own. Last...
  7. ExploreNW

Not such a fan of the Chinese knock off carbs. Just about everything I have read about them tells me they are junk. Passages left un-drilled is just the start of problems that come when opening import boxes containing rushed parts.
  8. ExploreNW

Been a month... Finally had time to work a bit on the project last week with the holidays. I ended up heading to the junkyard and getting a head from an '84 Ranger. Round port, flat tappet cam. Research showed the heads will bolt up. I pulled my '94 head, converted the '84 head to roller cam...
  9. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

The Weimar Republic tried to pay off war debt that way. They... Well, they emancipated themselves after a few years of hardship...
  10. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

PetroleumJunkie412 is right. Anything will kill you dead if you let it. If I had to have something new I probably wouldn't go for det cord to stop the thing though I'd rig a big fat red button in the cab to a solenoid on the fuel line and a relay on the ignition wiring too. Can't be accelerating...
  11. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

I'll take this instead. No electric bill or high gas prices. Doesn't look like a bulletproof doorstop, looks strong and smart. And she can handle more power than this one.
  12. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

It took Elon almost 40 years to turn one into a truck. Shoulda made the blue one, IMO.
  13. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

81. I still have enough fingers to count! ;)
  14. ExploreNW

TRS Goals For 2020

Mine is only 25 but I have a dedicated metric & standard socket set behind the seat. Tire iron, jack, can-o-gas, quart-o-oil, RTV tube, and that's about all you need. Grease your hubs and lube points before you go. My Ranger only got me stuck twice (fuel pump and computer, both of which are out...
  15. ExploreNW

Cybertruck Reveal

1985.... how much have you guys been drinkin' tonight? Take 10 years off of that. I like my junk powered by big ol happy healthy shadetree friendly fuel-slobberin CARBS not that first-gen computer controlled "feedback" crap. We're just about two decades into the 21st century and you're telling...