• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Elutheros

1. Elutheros

Need airbox ideas?

2. Elutheros

New tools you've bought recently?

The tool to put a stretch to fit accessory drive belt on a Ford Fiesta.
  3. Elutheros

Flywheel bolt question

Somehow I ordered the wrong flywheel from Amazon---one digit difference from the correct one. It was sooooo close to being right. Same diameter as needed, and it took me a while to figure out that I wasn't crazy. LFW 137 vs LFW 138 (the correct one)
  4. Elutheros

Flywheel bolt question

I'm swapping a M5ODR1 for the 4r44E in my Ranger. The flex plate bolts for the automatic are 23mm long. The flywheel bolts from suppliers all use that same length but they only extend 1/4" past the flywheel. The crankshaft holes are 24mm deep so there is plenty of room for a longer bolt, but...
  5. Elutheros

5.0 swap radiator

I used a Explorer 4.0 from the early years for quite a while but the high temps of central Texas with the A/C running just overwhelmed it, Then I put a 5.0 Explorer radiator in and it solved most of those issues. The big problem is that it hangs below the frame rails and can't be mounted any...
  6. Elutheros

Electric cooling fan, LMC, not as effective - need advice on shrowd physics.

Volvo cooling fan with modified Volvo shround.
  7. Elutheros

Seeking new trinary switch for electric fan upgrade

Affordable street rods: https://www.affordablestreetrods.com/male-trinary-safety-switch-11086-vus.html
  8. Elutheros

Good electric fans to use

I've been using the Volvo fans for years--probably made by Spal. 740s, 850s etc. and some later models have them. make sure to get as much of the wiring as possible and the relay.
  9. Elutheros

Rev Limiter on ZF5?

I used the A9L ECU with my swap for a while---I'm pretty sue the A9M is for the AOD transmission. I also use GT40P heads and thought my stumbling problem at higher RPM was the valve springs. I put Alex valve springs in it and it made almost no difference. Now that Ii have the Megasquirt PNP ECU...
  10. Elutheros

Remanded Transmission recommendations?

PowerTrain sold me my first rebuilt M5R2 and the tail shaft splines failed on it. They get theirs from Zubrota in MN and the warranty covered the replacement. The replacement is leaking at the rear seal around the tail shaft. That means I have to pull the transfer case and pull the rear housing...
  11. Elutheros

Daihatsu Rocky x2

I had one of those and with the price of gas wish I kept it!
  12. Elutheros

heads

I started wiith GT40P heads and the tube exhaust manifolds and eventually put cast manifolds on it. I never could justify the cost of the Torque Monster headers and since it's 4x4 noting else really fits. I had a valve job done on the heads, and later put Alex valve springs on them due to some...
  13. Elutheros

HI

Love those '92s! Welcome.
  14. Elutheros

Father Daughter V8 Swap

Welcome to TRS!
  15. Elutheros

HELP WITH ELECTRIC FANS, WHICH ONE TO USE?

On the regular Explorer double core radiator the bottom of the plastic shroud slipped right into the clips on the bottom of the radiator. Since I installed the taller Explorer radiator I haven't put anything there to hold the plastic shroud against the radiator. Your question reminded me I have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad