• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cbxer55

1. cbxer55

Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

I'd like to get a tach on mine and find out what it's running with 4.10s, automatic with low profile 14 inch tires. Had it on the highway a few weeks ago, and it was running 90 mph with ease. Speedo is off about 5% due to the low profile tires, and yes, I factored that in to get the 90 mph.
  2. cbxer55

Why There's No Rangers

Haha. I'm a boomer. Still have a 98 Ranger I've had 26 years, headed for 195,000 miles. Still have a 2004 LIGHTNING I've owned 15 years with 76,000 miles. Still have three bad-ass motorcycles, one of which I just got a set of custom rearset foot controls for. Yeah, moving my feet up and back for...
  3. cbxer55

Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

I don't know, don't have a tach. Rarely ever hit the highway, most of my driving is in town / city. My truck has a bumpy hood, looking for one of those old school hood tachs. So far all I find is stuff for V-8's. None calibrated for a six cylinder.
  4. cbxer55

2020, I went from 3.73 to 4.10 in my 98 3.0 Ranger. Don't regret it one minute. Had a friend with a shop a mile away. Dropped it off there, walked home. When he told me itwas done, walked back and got it. Had him refresh everything while in there. Spider gears, bearings and seals. Now, when the...
  5. cbxer55

Finally. A permanent power steering whine fix!

Maybe I'm deaf. I have a 98 Ranger 3.0 that I've owned 26 years, never heard a peep from the ps pump. Yeah, two have gone bad, but it wasn't due to a whine. My 04 LIGHTNING, never heard a peep from it either. But, the blower whines so loud, it may be masking it. :ROFLMAO:
  6. cbxer55

Starter clicks, truck runs after push start

Doesn't take much. I was having said issue. It was the two bolts holding the clamp together were loose. Tightened them up, bingo.
  7. cbxer55

Ditching the Ranger for a new camping truck. Here it is....

That's one Butt-Ugly ride man! FUGLY is thy name. Wonder if it has a turlet?
  8. cbxer55

A True Sports Truck

Yeah, that's a monstrosity. I fail to see how Dodge could've ever made that legal, both from an EPA and a safety standpoint. But, for the most part, motorcycles aren't safe. Safe on a bike is in the rider's head. This guy made a Doge V-10 motorcycle that is a lot more realistic.
  9. cbxer55

Thoughts on the ford courier

Long years back, late 70s early 80s, had a i=girl friend who had a small block chevy motor under the hood of her Luv. License said LUVDOG! LOL!!
  10. cbxer55

Do larger throttle bodies really work?

It's right up the alley of the old days, when we put larger carburetors on our hot rods.
  11. cbxer55

Do larger throttle bodies really work?

I have a 60 mm throttle body on my 98 3.0. My friend Rick, who does transmissions, after installing a shift kit and 4.1 gears in it, said it is a "strong running V-6". I also replaced the dual circular throttle body on my Lightning with an Accufab, which is a YUGE oval throttle body. The Mod...
  12. cbxer55

A True Sports Truck

I read an article years ago on the Lightning Bolt. Ford said it was tricky to launch, it got crazy real fast. The Lightning itself, weighs nearly 5000 pounds. Stock it made eight pounds boost. Mine is at 12, and I won't go higher. The stock connecting rods are the weak link. But even with M & H...
  13. cbxer55

A True Sports Truck

Ford didn't build it because they said it was too much for the average driver to handle. I'd have bought one. And would still have it as well. If it wasn't wrapped around a phone pole. LOL!!
  14. cbxer55

A True Sports Truck

Ford should've made this! Ford Lightning Bolt
  15. cbxer55

Installing A equus Tachometer

Ranger tach install instructions

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad