• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Broosedamoose

1. Broosedamoose

Which 4.0 engine is preferred, the OHV or the SOHC?

I've had a 2000 B4000 with the OHV, a 2003 FX4 with the OHV and currently drive a 2007 XLT with a SOHC. I had no issues with the first two but only owned them for a short period of time. The only trouble I've had with the SOHC is cracked heads from it overheating when the short little hose...
  2. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I called that one right! turned out to be a lot of corrosion under the engine fuse box and the wire going to the starter corroded right off. Cleaned it up as best I could but the whole box needs to be replaced. That's gonna have to wait for the weather to warm up though.
  3. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I found my meter and started testing. I'm getting 12V at the relay but nothing at the starter. I hooked up the laptop and FORScan shows no DTC's. So it seems the issue is somewhere from the bottom of the relay socket to the starter connection. I'm thinking there is corrosion on the bottom of the...
  4. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

Thank God it happened at home this time! But it looks like I will need a tow to the garage. :mad:
  5. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I tried listening for the relay and it's not pulling in. I tried jumping slots 30 and 87 and nothing happens. Of course, after the move, I can't find my meter anywhere so I couldn't test for voltage. But there is something weird going on. The PATS light was not flashing yesterday or this morning...
  6. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I've checked the wires and they are all good. @RonD, I'll run through this and see what I get. I can't say for sure but I'm 99% sure my mechanic checked the relay and it was ok. I also tried wiggling the shifter and putting it in neutral.
  7. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I've been having this issue for about 4-5 weeks and can't track it down! The truck will be starting fine but then I'll go to start it and it won't crank. Let it be for a bit and it will crank. No rhyme or reason to it. Does it when it's cold, does it when it's warmed up and it doesn't matter...
  8. Broosedamoose

All-aluminum aftermarket radiator for 4.0 SOHC Rangers?

I had to change the fittings on the end of the AT lines to fit the radiator.
  9. Broosedamoose

Screeching noise when attempting to start truck

Could be the harmonic balancer. I just had the same issue. For about two weeks the belt was sqeeking. I replaced the belt, the tentioner and the idler pulley to no avail. Then it started barking (for lack of a better word) when it started. Two days after that the harmonic balancer completely...
  10. Broosedamoose

Any small inexpensive mods for a 4.0l 1993 Ranger OHV?

If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, a custom tone is the way to go. I have an SCT X4 handheld tuner with custom tones from 5-Star tuning and I love it. Really wakes up the truck! Of course NO2 is always an option. I have a $300 dry fogger 75Hp shot that REALLY wakes it up! I use...
  11. Broosedamoose

All-aluminum aftermarket radiator for 4.0 SOHC Rangers?

I swapped out the radiator in my 07 XLT when I did the electric fan and thermostat housing. I got mine off eBay but it wasn’t cheap! It fit perfectly! That was like five years ago.
  12. Broosedamoose

M90 Install

The heading states 255LPH but the title and description say 350LPH (High Pressure)! The one I was looking at is only 340LPH. :unsure: The Kemso says the operating pressure is 43-90psi. PetroleumJunkie412 is running this pump I think. He said he was using a 255LPH but I couldn't find a Kemso at...
  13. Broosedamoose

M90 Install

OK, I found it but the only one I can find online is 340 lph instead of 240 lph. Unless it's a typo in the post. I found this one on Amazon for the best price: Fuel Pump. It even says it fits my 2007 Ranger!
  14. Broosedamoose

M90 Install

I've been trying to find the post about the fuel pump and can't find it. A couple people said the fuel pump that comes with the Moddbox kit is junk and to get a different pump. What do y'all recommend for a pump that will work for what I need?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad