• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

For Sale Warn Zeon Platinum 10-s Winch $850 shipped.

Selling my winch because its too small for my new build. It is the best 10k winch money can buy, Warn's Zeon Platinum 10-s. Asking $850 shipped.
  2. adsm08

Coronavirus

So it's dangerous to cite the CDC's position of over 70 years that masks do nothing to prevent the transmission of respiratory diseases? It's dangerous to cite the numerous medical and statistical studies done over the last year that show masks actually don't make a difference to transmission...
  3. adsm08

Check Engine Light

This thread is absolutely useless without the codes. Go get us codes! If the light isn't flashing you aren't damaging things, so drive it somewhere and come back with codes. Don't clear the codes until you fix something.
  4. adsm08

4wd drive wheel on a rwd

The 29ish inch tires will fit a 4x4, but it also sits 2 inches higher than your 2wd does. You may find it rubs. Being a 90 you have slightly larger wheel arches than an 83-88, and you may have more luck.
  5. adsm08

Right to repair

But it also doesn't mean that the dealer should be forced to provide information that they pay thousands of dollars for access to to the guy down the street for free. If that guy wants access to the information he should be paying for it himself. People like to refer to the dealer as the...
  6. adsm08

Right to repair

I like ForScan. I started using it on my own stuff while I was off, since I didn't have access to an IDS. I keep it around in case the shop IDSes are in use or acting up. Only things I can't do with it are keys and software updates. It can read and write as-built/PMI, it can do OSC, read codes...
  7. adsm08

Coronavirus

I have known many people who got the virus. A few have died. I know of nobody so far that has been protected by their mask.
  8. adsm08

Right to repair

I support right to repair laws that say the information has to be available somewhere, not ones that say someone paying for access to the info has to supply it for free to someone else. So Ford and Chevy can't lock up all their repair info, but maybe have to make it available on sites like...
  9. adsm08

Coronavirus

No. Not wearing masks because they do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus and cause very real issues for some people.
  10. adsm08

4.0 SOHC

Well the weak point that caused them to be an issue was reliably fixed in production by 05. I would still change them every 100K miles or so. It's $75 for Ford ones, takes an hour or less to do, no special tools required, just a 27mm wrench, or socket, and its good cheap insurance.
  11. adsm08

Right to repair

More, why does the screw to remove the air box ducting on the Escapes change from engine to engine and year to year? Why can we not pick a size, 7 or 8 mm, and stick with it? Also, why can I never touch anything I need to touch to work on the vehicle?
  12. adsm08

4.0 SOHC

I agree. The biggest indictment of the 4.0 SOHC is the "miles of timing chain" and the potential for chain stretch that goes with long chains, but that potential comes from having many links in a single long chain. The longest chain in the SOHC isn't any longer than the chain in the OHV, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad