Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

Anyone know anything about snowblowers?

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 fighting with my mother about this. She wanted the driveway shoveled twice an hour, and I didn't see the point because it was still snowing. Now I have a driveway that takes an hour to shovel by hand if it is only light snow.
  2. adsm08

Interchangeable truck beds?

Should work. This is all I know of. Some time during Gen4 they went from 6 bed bolts to 8, but as stated, the original six holes are still in the same spots.
  3. adsm08

Fan hit radiator!!

Not if I never get the transmission fixed it won't.
  4. adsm08

Fan hit radiator!!

Look for the E-fan from a 3.5L Taurus, Explorer or Flex. I have a 302 with early 90s Town Car FEAD in a 65 Mustang. That fan, cut in half, fits well. I have it working off a universal thermostatic control kit from a parts store.
  5. adsm08

Storage for a few months?

Don't use Stabil. Stabil will settle out of the fuel and stop working after a while. I'm not sure that four months will be an issue. The class I was at where we were told that dealt with Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid cars, where they are dealing with the possibility of fuel being in a tank for 18...
  6. adsm08

Anyone know anything about snowblowers?

Where do I fall on this spectrum if I have a large driveway, insufficient time to shovel by hand, a snow blower that I don't use, and two tractors equipped with plows?
  7. adsm08

Pimped out parts washer

When spring comes I may very well find myself doing this. Did you try a PL3001 or a PBL3001? Same threads, gasket, and case, but more media.
  8. adsm08

wiring connector tool

On the driver's side the air box would need to come out. On the driver's side just the coil is on there, and it can just get unplugged. On either side I think there are a handful of wire harness retainers pinned in to the fender aprons.
  9. adsm08

Another project- ‘06 escape

An IDS can't change an odometer reading (ForScan can). It CAN re-pair the PATS system, up until about 2010. That's when they started VIN locking modules, which is another step for odometer fraud prevention.
  10. adsm08

2019 2.9l engine.

It gets worse. He dropped it at a local garage to get both the engine and trans overhauled, the guy took payment for parts up front, labor to be paid at the end, and never even ordered the parts.
  11. adsm08

2019 2.9l engine.

There was a guy on here a few years back, @heptofite, who had 400K on the original engine and trans in his 86 B2 when the flexplate let loose on the highway and allowed to engine to float the valves. Bottom end came apart too.
  12. adsm08

The transverse mount 3.0s in the Escapes run the water pump off the cams, there wasn't enough space to get them up front. At least the aren't inside the timing cover like a 3.5L. I don't think those step bars will fit a 2nd gen Escape. On the 2nd gens the rocker trim comes off and the running...
  13. adsm08

Ford vs Ferrari

Lee Iaccoca is both my favorite andone of my most hated car designers. I can't stand most of the things he got built, but the one thing he never got done I am in love with the idea. His first pitch of the minivan concept was to FMC, it would have been the size of an Aerostar and had a 460 as...
  14. adsm08

Yes it will. It is called a parameter reset and it's in the PATS menu behind the 10 minute security access. How do you think we do this when a PATS involved module has to be replaced in the field? On vehicles built after 2010 it doesn't work anymore because most modules like the pcm, I and BCM...
  15. adsm08

wiring connector tool

I like a 45* pick.