• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1999Mazda Central Florida

1. 1999Mazda Central Florida

'99 Mazda B2500 charcoal canister replacement: tips and cautionary advice welcome

Yeah, it's part 8 on the numbered diagram.... Thanks, I'll check that out...it may be that tube is the issue and not the charcoal canister as you said.
  2. 1999Mazda Central Florida

'99 Mazda B2500 charcoal canister replacement: tips and cautionary advice welcome

Thanks Woog! Sorry for dealy to reply...Is that pic. at the top of the filler (up by the filler cap?) Or, as you say it is the tube that goes into the actual gas tank? Looks like it's where it connects way down by the tank. I will certainly go with good quality parts for this as you suggest...
  3. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Yes I believe so: single line from "Y" to canister with that clip/connector. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.
  4. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Sorry for delay to reply: Yes pump handle clicks off (no gas splash.) I have monitored with ignition on and acts the same. In past I have (ignorantly) filled all the way to the tip top trying to get as much gas in as I could, not knowing this puts gas into the charcoal canister and clogs it...
  5. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Sorry for delay in reply: I was wondering about that if I needed a special tool for that. No silver fitting further down.
  6. 1999Mazda Central Florida

My fuel fill ups have been gradually getting more and more annoying as the gas pump shuts off (pressure build up) after only a slight amount. After searching around a bit more and describing the situation to a mechanic I was informed that the charcoal canister is likely the culprit. I'm...
  7. 1999Mazda Central Florida

2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

I know it's a fairly old thread, but been having same issues with '99 Mazda B2500 for a while. Catalytic converter had a crack and I replaced the cat along with both oxygen sensors and exhaust manifold. The same stall out upon deceleration manifested (no change as it was doing that before and...
  8. 1999Mazda Central Florida

1999 Mazda/Ford intermittent near stall and stall at red lights and after coming to stop...

Can I get the link for that the OD2 reader you were talking about?
  9. 1999Mazda Central Florida

1999 Mazda/Ford intermittent near stall and stall at red lights and after coming to stop...

Oh, great, I'd appreciate that! I got the wrong part (IAC) from a well known auto-parts dealer and am going through the pain in the (you know what) return process of the IAC. Any live data would help since that's probably my next step is to have a live scan if possible. Please direct private...
  10. 1999Mazda Central Florida

Ok, that's interesting...it could be that cleaning the throttle body set things as it should have been all along, but 900? I also noticed (after warm up and driving) it will go to noticeably high idle (like 1,200--1,500 approx) and stay there for about 15 secs then go back to 900 (which it has...
  11. 1999Mazda Central Florida

UPDATE March 14, 2021: As mentioned, the throttle body and IAC was cleaned and the next day I had the idle running high (900 rpm.) The high rpms were an additional new development. To answer what RonD asked, a cold start up has an initial run up to 1,500rpm and DOES gradually going down to 900...
  12. 1999Mazda Central Florida

I'll have to wait until fully cooled down to verify (as I've been running it lately-in Florida:cool:) to verify that. I will try that later (without tapping the gas pedal) and see.
  13. 1999Mazda Central Florida

I wish I would have read this before delving into the throttle body cleaning, but it needed to be cleaned for sure. AIC apparently was replaced at some prior time [going by the appearance, evidence of being removed in past and no Motorcraft etching.] I gave it a cleaning along with throttle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad