• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 94's: prerunner poser dd & long travel trial rig build

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic

Here's my dd: 4.0, 5spd with shifter just below the rearview mirror. Just finished the front bumper. also runnin a single tube rear bump w/ no tailgate for ultimate posing! Jeff's bronco graveyard 1.5" coils (don't buy em if you actually want any lift!), 2" poly coil spacers, 32x11.5x14 bfg at's on 15 x8 procomp steelies, cheap twin tube shocks (goin w/ 9000xl's soon).

here's a shot of my latest progress on the trial rig. It's a reg cab, long box 4.0 auto. 37" bogger with my mocked up radius arms. was gonna run 35's, but... should be about ride height in the front when i get my 6" sj coils in the mail. will be mounting f250 shock mounts as soon as my 12" stroke 9000xl's come in the mail.

radius arm w/o tire. free tube, so i don't know exactly what it is. no seam though, so i think that means dom or hrew... the trial will decide when i rebuild em with proper dom. just tack welded now, still have lots of beefing-up to do

rear axle so far: 31 spline 8.8. installed 4.56's and welded diff. 1/2" plate truss should be completely unnecessary and looks ridiculous, but whatevs... will be doin the ol 63" chevy leaf swap w/ flipped shackles soon. 15" travel 9000xl's are in the mail.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

rear axle so far: 31 spline 8.8. installed 4.56's and welded diff. 1/2" plate truss should be completely unnecessary and looks ridiculous, but whatevs... will be doin the ol 63" chevy leaf swap w/ flipped shackles soon. 15" travel 9000xl's are in the mail.
I like where your going with this but I hope that your axle u-bolts are temporary; for measuring/locating purposes only. I see it's not connected otherwise. :icon_cheers:

Richard

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yeah, mock-up purposes only! im not setting pinion angle, shock location, or doin much else till i sort out the leaf swap.
hey, know of any cheap wreckers in edmonton? I called on place and they wanted $200 a side!!
I'm in fort mcmurray and there's nowhere up here that'll re-arch springs, so i figured i'd make a trip and get the springs and have em re-arched in one weekend.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
For cheap springs you're probably better off buying a cheap truck and parting out what you don't want. You could buy new springs cheaper, I've priced them.
Here's a link to someone doing reverse spring eyes on a model A or T. Looks like a slick way of re-arching springs:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90824

Richard

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic

My best guess at how a cut and turn is supposed to go...

Tack welded for mock up- added 1" to drivers side, 1 1/8" to pass side beam. have lots of gusseting and plating to do

6" SJ ranger coils, 12" stroke rancho 9000's, f250 towers, dropped pitman arm

the Commiedeathwagon!
Have my frankenstein 64" 3-leaf packs on: chevy main leaf, cut the eyes off of the ranger main leaf, ranger secondary leaf as the bottom leaf. still need to re-arch and flip shackles.

Last edited:

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
Progress so far:

was able to cut up and use the stock trans x-member to work with new radius arm mounts.

Radius arms finally welded up, boxed and gusseted

Axle tubes welded, boxed, gusseted. Still got some more cleaning up to do before everything gets painted a camburg-ish grey. I think my fab work looks alot better in a welding-smoke-hazed garage than it does in pictures... must have something to do with the burning gear oil fumes.

Next up is bolting it in to find out where/how I'm gonna do the radius arm mounts, then stuffing in some gears. Still need to get my leaves re arched and bend up some rear shock towers.

Hope to be out plowin through 5' snow drifts before february

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you might want to do some clearing on the axle window on the passenger beam while its off the truck

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
you might want to do some clearing on the axle window on the passenger beam while its off the truck
It looks like he Already did, maybe not though:icon_confused:

anywhos, its lookin good man! keep up the good work.

bull90

Canadian Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
nice build! i hope one day i can build a prerunner!

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
It looks like he Already did, maybe not though:icon_confused:

anywhos, its lookin good man! keep up the good work.

Yeah I opened it up about 1/2 to 3/4" on the top and bottom before i burned on the top and bottom bits. I plan on cleaning the inside welds and open it up more as soon as I get a new die-grinder.

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
nice build! i hope one day i can build a prerunner!
Thanks! I hope one day i can build a prerunner, too!!!

The dd is def just a poser right now, but once i throw 1ton axles under the commiewagon, the c/t beams and built 8.8 are goin under the dd and it's gettin coil overs and deaver packs.

Can't wait to be doin my daily 1/2 hour commute by burnin through the center median, hittin the u-turn spots like jumps...

one build at a time though

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
Waiting for 4.56's, and a bunch of front end junk to show up, new ball joints, spindle bearings etc... before I can do a final assembly on the front end, so I decided to make some tree-smashing mirrors!

Kinda lame, but it sucks rippin em off on the trail an gettin hassled for it on the road. Got a feelin all the rookie cops in town are gonna be pullin me over for fun as it is...

5" (seem closer to 4.5") swiveling convex mirrors from napa, some 3/16 plate and some 1/2" solid roundstock is all it took to make mirrors that should pull out the doors before breaking

Seen these done a bunch of diff ways on prerunners/race trucks. They could be cleaner and more trick, but then so could everything i burn together!

Gotta show off my puppy, Scout! I'm hoping to teach him how to run out winch cable this summer... gotta dream, eh?

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
btw, I ain't an army freak or anything!

the camo sweater was the only option and it gets real cold up here (what's -40 Celcius in Fahrenheit? it's that cold.), and the red army paint job is just to piss people off, i ain't a commie either!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
IIRC -40C=-40F
The only time they are the same!

Richard

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Cool lookin' rig you've got there!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals