• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

kids educational software

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My kids are 4 yrs old (5 in July), just "graduated" pre-school and will be going to kindergarten in the fall. In the meantime, I want to keep them busy and keep their lil minds going. I'm interested in getting them some computer educational software, something that will be easy for them to start up, play and navigate. Voice prompts is a must cause they cant read yet. They can make out certain words, but for the most part can't read. Does anybody have any first hand experience with any of the software out there?

Is there any typing software that would be good for them? My daughter in particular likes to type in word, but mostly its just her goofing off on the key board. So I thought it would be nice if there was a typing software out there that has simple words to practice on and showed a picture of where the keys are, etc etc.

thanx for any help!

DCarey515

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Reader Rabbit, my daughter loves it....try starfall.com too.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
meh, i grew up playing the dos version of doom. if i cant be a rolemodel, ima be a warning sign

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
meh, i grew up playing the dos version of doom. if i cant be a rolemodel, ima be a warning sign
my son has already played and beat SW:Force Unleashed on the wii. While not as bad as doom, but bad enough IMO. I now stick to the lego games and such. Playing God of War 2 while he watched would give him nightmares, so I cut all those types of games out (at least while they are around, which is usually 95% of the time....)

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Reader Rabbit, my daughter loves it....try starfall.com too.
+1 on both of these, i asked my g/f (a pre-school teacher) and she suggested both of those along with http://www.raz-kids.com/ and especially http://www.waterford.org/products/early-learning

if you're looking for something to print, http://kizclub.com/

hope that helps.

fredalexander22

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I use Reader Rabbit Personalized Kindergarten for my son.He loves it very much.You can check softwareforkids.com for more products.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals