PDA

View Full Version : 88 Ranger what body parts are interchangeable with other years?

Sworn
12-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I getting ready to start hitting the bone yards looking for solid body panels for my 88 Ranger. What years body panels are interchangeable with my 88? Thanks!

88mudder
12-26-2007, 06:38 PM
83-88 rangers and broncoII front end parts are the same (fenders, hood, core support, grille, headlights, bumpers, stone guard, turn signal lamps)

83-88 b2 and ranger doors are the same and fit.

89-92 ranger doors will fit, i believe.

Sworn
12-26-2007, 06:48 PM
83-88 rangers and broncoII front end parts are the same (fenders, hood, core support, grille, headlights, bumpers, stone guard, turn signal lamps)

83-88 b2 and ranger doors are the same and fit.

89-92 ranger doors will fit, i believe.

Thanks! :)

projectnitemare
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Like said above 83-88 Ranger/BII parts will all interchange from the doors forward. If you are only looking for doors or a bed then you will be able to get those from 83-92. After 88 the grille/headlight assembly, hood, core support and fenders all changed. Seeing you are also located in a rust belt area here is something to consider. Buy new parts from an aftermarket company such as keystone or something similar. They will only be maybe $30 difference for fenders a little more for larger items such as doors. They will be rust free, little to no body work if you want them perfect or just install and spray as is.

Matt

Branger2B
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
another thought would be to look for a 90-92 ranger or bronco possibly with rear end dammage or from the scrap yard and get the hood, fenders, grill, hedlights/turnsignals and lower valance to convert yours to the newer body style. im pretty sure explorer bodys from 90-93 work also. its all direct bolt in. same procedure as replacing them just bolt up newer ones. the ONLy mod i had to do when converting to this front end was to trim the rad support a little to fit the bigger headlights. very easy

Sworn
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
another thought would be to look for a 90-92 ranger or bronco possibly with rear end dammage or from the scrap yard and get the hood, fenders, grill, hedlights/turnsignals and lower valance to convert yours to the newer body style. im pretty sure explorer bodys from 90-93 work also. its all direct bolt in. same procedure as replacing them just bolt up newer ones. the ONLy mod i had to do when converting to this front end was to trim the rad support a little to fit the bigger headlights. very easy

That's another option! :)

Sunk
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM

It's 91-94 on the Explorers, but yes they will work.

rickcdewitt
12-28-2007, 08:07 AM
another thought would be to look for a 90-92 ranger or bronco possibly with rear end dammage or from the scrap yard and get the hood, fenders, grill, hedlights/turnsignals and lower valance to convert yours to the newer body style. im pretty sure explorer bodys from 90-93 work also. its all direct bolt in. same procedure as replacing them just bolt up newer ones. the ONLy mod i had to do when converting to this front end was to trim the rad support a little to fit the bigger headlights. very easy90-94 and the fenders are different.hood,etc is the same.i swapped an 88 i had to an 89 front clip,its just a matter of drilling a few new holes and enlarging the radiator support headlight openings.

AllanD
12-28-2007, 09:01 AM
the explorer fenders have a different side profile, but the stuff "down ther middle" will work.

AD