• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whoo hoo, got a new BII

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Well with my 88 BII having its roof choped and all as ou can see in my avatar pic, I went and got a 90 BII for $500, cracked heads. I do plan On putting the front clip from the 88 on the 90 cab.

But the moter in mine only had 20K on it after a rebuild. I'd rather have the frame from the totaled one as it hasnt the slighest hint of rust.

Would it Easyer to swap swap cabs? Or motor tranny body lift manual hubs and all that stuff?

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I have a new(to me) Bronco II also, just got it today 89 model

wasn't today a great day ?!?

does the 90 have a lot of rust ?? if not just use it and change the engine and stuff over.

I WAS going to take the engine and front sheet metal off the 89 I got today and put in my 88, but my wife said "no, the 89 BII is to nice to take apart".

Last edited:

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well with my 88 BII having its roof choped and all as ou can see in my avatar pic, I went and got a 90 BII for $500, cracked heads. I do plan On putting the front clip from the 88 on the 90 cab.

But the moter in mine only had 20K on it after a rebuild. I'd rather have the frame from the totaled one as it hasnt the slighest hint of rust.

Would it Easyer to swap swap cabs? Or motor tranny body lift manual hubs and all that stuff?
are they any problems with the frame on the 90?

TeamExploder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV+SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Personally if the frame isn't bad I would just use the 90 BII and just swap the other stuff over...it'd be easier than swapping bodies.

r1ch999999

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Mustang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Will the front clip from an 88 fit on an 89? I ask because I was looking at an 89 and a one piece front end for an 88 and was curious if it'd be easy to do that. Plus I like the 88 front end better.

jg09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1992
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the front clip will swap over. Also, unless the '90's frame is really badly rusted or damaged, i'd just use it. swapping over bodies will not be easy. Think about all the brake lines, electric lines, fuel lines, misc. connections, etc that will have to be disconnected and then reconnected on the new frame. IMO, not really worth it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals