• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

About the Offenhauser intake kit

JoseBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I have collected some performance parts for the 2.8L, including an used Offy intake.

This pic of a brand new Offy intake kit shows a package with the intake gasket, intake bolts and many other small parts. What are that other parts???

Last edited:

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Most likely they are parts that accomadate the carb. The round thingy would be between the carb and the air cleaner to keep the air cleaner off of the moving parts of the carb. Then there would be parts that would hold various cables and throttle linkage even prolly the cruise control hold down..
Most folks prolly won't use them all but they are there for many applications.
You must be planning on HIGH rpm to install such a monster on your engine. If not I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
Big JIm

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
That set-up is for what big jim said. A 2.8 isnt a power house engine. What exactly are you wanting out of your 2.8 and what do you want it to do? If you want to get rid of the computer stuff then do the duraspark set-up.

I did the TBI rought and just got it mainly dialed in today and have to say compaired to mt dads factory carb/computer set-up it leaves it in the dust.

JoseBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Thankyou for your replies.

Yes I want to built a "monster" 2.8L. I am planning to do a special modification on the engine, more of this soon.

letterman7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
unknown
Transmission
Automatic
Jose, if you figure out what the fitting size is on that water neck, please let me know. I've got the same manifold on my project and can't find for the life of me what the size and thread is!

Rick

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals