• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Feed back motor

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I traced my battery going dead to the feed back motor on my 2150 carb. It runs continuously even when the motor and ignition is off. Do any of you stock/emission savy owners have and idea where to start looking as to why?
Before any of you Dura spark and non emissions guys reply....I am in California and it has to be stock and all working emissions-wise.

Thanks,
Eric:icon_welder:

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It gets power for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off. You can hear the relay, next to the computer under the passenger kick-plate, click off after you turn off the ignition. If no click, the relay is probably stuck.

That's all I can think of for now.

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So there is a relay that stands alone from the computer? I will have a look at that.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Interesting, I'm having an abnormal battery draining problem too, ya I'm running a TBI set-up but it has the feed back motor too. I'm not using a factory relay for the computer but I'll have to check if the one I have is sticking in the on postion or not.

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On another Ford I had, the battery was dropping off and I traced it to the voltage regulator. Our Rangers have the same voltage regulator as it did. I was going to look there first but while I was hooking up the charger I heard the feed back motor running. I did not know that's what it was, but I started feeling around and found it clicking on the back of the carb. Just got lucky....

Yumadavis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Similar thing here... '84 2.8 Durasparked still w/ the 2150. Seemed to have a parasitic drain but couldn't find anything drawing. Replace battery TWICE (&**$(_@#$& Autozone!) ended up changing out the alternator and voltage regulator and seemed to have cured the problem. :yahoo: Needed too anyways, both appeared to be stock; so after 25 years, I retired 'em.

Now I have a weird cutting out problem but that's for another thread ....:icon_confused:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
My voltage regulator is new and was hooked up correctly, my other engine had it in the alternator.

My dad says not to worry about it when it become driven daliy but it could cause electrical issues or a fire if not attended to, ATM the battery is out of the truck on a battery tender. If it ever warms up I can look into the problem.

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I went to Pick and Pull and snagged a relay off of a donor Ranger and when I went to replace the one on my pick-up it was quite warm. And It was not clicking. I installed the new one and now the feed back motor on the carb does not run constantly. I runs for 3-5 seconds after the engine is shut off and quits. Perfect. This had enough drain that it would kill the battery even if it was run every day, new battery too...guess why, yes I replaced the battery first too.

Eric

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals