• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

XBOX360 cant find my router

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got my step son a 360 Aracade with the wireless adapter and it will not connect.I even bypassed the router and the adapter and went stright to my cable moden and it still will not connect..........Help Me Somebody!!!!:bawling:

Im on my 3rd Bloody Mary and I cant figure it out!!!!:icon_confused:

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Is the 360 at least trying to connect? Is it giving error messages, or troubleshooting options?

I don't have mine hooked up via wireless, I like having a hard line running to it. But I've had some problems in the past with my Linksys router and the 360 playing nice together.

I recall having to manually access my router settings, opening some ports, and other crap. I don't remember the specifics offhand, but I'll look into it.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
take the wireless adapter and do one of two things:

a) throw it out the window and hook up the 360 with a LAN connection

b) take that shit back and buy something you actually need and then hook up the 360 with a LAN connection

no seriously, i think your problem is the bloody mary's. you should be drinking something way stronger

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I would just throw out the wireless router thingy they don't work that well...

As for the Xbox, get a hard line to it, then (what my brother did) was to manually look up the IP address and put it into the Xbox... then reconfigure some of the settings on the router itsself. thats about all I know though sorry.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, it can be tricky. I think there's an Xbox forum with more detailed instructions.

I know it's not exactly a solution to the problem if you insist on connecting via wireless, but as I and the others have said, your best bet is to hard-wire it.

You can get a 100' Cat5 cable for $10-$20 - a hell of a lot less than a 360 wireless adapter.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Jay
It trys to connect but fails,Like I said I even tried it direct to the cable moden still no dice.The linksys I have has always been a pain in the ass to add anything to.The warrenty is out so you have to pay for any tech help you get (ASSHOLES).

EDDIE
Yep that POS is going back tomm! The Bloody Marys......My Wife makes them so they could strip paint!

Ranger84,
I can use all the help I can get lol so any is better than none!

Thanks guys,keep it coming!He wants to get on line and play with his brother (my son,he never calls him his step brother..lol)he bought my son a live card for Christmas just so they could play and its killin me not being able to hook him up.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got it working!
Brand new e-cable was bad.Got on line and had to download some updates (hard lined to the modem) wireless works great now..............probably keep it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals