• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd leaf springs

sparky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have 93 2wd ranger and would like to lower the rear about 3" to level it.
I would like to do this with a set of lowering leaf springs. What company do you recomend? Or is there a better way to do this?
Thanks

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
That's the best way to do it, but I don't know a brand to recommend. Perhaps a good spring shop could de-arch your stockers for a good price and good ride quality. Pulling a leaf or two out will create axxle wrap which is not good.

DRanger024

Supporting Member
Solid Axle Swap
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6-7” front maybe 3” rear
Total Drop
Tire Size
33x12.50-15
If I was you I wouldnt waste the money on lowering springs for the rear there are other ways to go about dropping your truck for much cheaper and still maintain ride quality.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
If you are wanting to lower the rear about 3 in, I would flip the rear spring hangers, that will cost you a whopping 20 bucks.

You can also flip the rear axle to over the leafs, might give you alittle more than you are looking for, but is only about 60 bucks to do that.

But if you are set on useing springs, Belltech makes a good set, and I know there is another company out there that is good too.

If I can find the page I will post it up for you.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
If you are wanting to lower the rear about 3 in, I would flip the rear spring hangers, that will cost you a whopping 20 bucks.

You can also flip the rear axle to over the leafs, might give you alittle more than you are looking for, but is only about 60 bucks to do that.

But if you are set on useing springs, Belltech makes a good set, and I know there is another company out there that is good too.

If I can find the page I will post it up for you.
Runnign the spring under the axle would cost ya the price of perches only. And maybe a case of beer for a friend that can weld.

(Right? Wouldn't it just be the opposite of a SOA conversion thats so popular on CJs?)

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Runnign the spring under the axle would cost ya the price of perches only. And maybe a case of beer for a friend that can weld.

(Right? Wouldn't it just be the opposite of a SOA conversion thats so popular on CJs?)
Yes and a really good way to handle this...also what most desert speed runners and racers do.

sparky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the suggestions, one reason i would like to change the springs is that i have a slight lean to the left on my truck. I guess if went with the flip the hangers i could correct this, adjust one side a little more than the other. I'll think on it for a little while.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
To correct lean you can make a spring pack shim that is pinned as part of the pack with the centering pin. I've done this and as long as it's not too thick it works great, just like a mini block!

bluovaldude

Reaction score
The notorious Ranger lean. At least that is what every has tried to convince me it was. My truck, when it was static dropped, Actually ended up leaning toward the right and not the left.
They sathat it is from weight displacement : Gas tank, driver, battery ?. Everything heavy is on that side.

But yeah it would be an easy fix.

And about the flip kit, Heck no welding required. DJM makes a perch so to say. It looks like a squared off c, fits between the perch and leafs and fits the wideth of the perches to keep from sliding. They are a cake to install too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals