• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front bumper pics need some feedback tho

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im not to sure if I should keep the end piece on there as you can see its just tacked in place for right now. But I have an idea to make a mini exo cage. That would be just to take some tubing from the front bumper to the slders and kinda make it double as a fender flare.

and why not a paint pic

soylent_green

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, keep the end piece. It'll protect the low end of the fender. If anything, I'd say make it extend almost to the edge of the wheel well. Then you can extend a tube off the end, up and around the wheel well and down to the rocker guards. Might look really cool, and defanatly unique.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Why so many different sizes of tubing? If you had a piece of the same size tubing I would say leave it, but it just looks strange how it steps down in size several times.

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why so many different sizes of tubing? If you had a piece of the same size tubing I would say leave it, but it just looks strange how it steps down in size several times.
cause I didn't want some plain chunk of metal on the front of the truck and for the ends having a 4x6 coming around the side of the truck would be a lil much

soylent_green

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just make some nice full welds at the seams, and grind them smooth so the transition is real nice. When you paint it, it'll look like one piece.

MudSweatNGearz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats exactly what i want to do with mine except i want d-rings and a 2" reciever how much tubing did it take and what other materials and how much did you need to do it?

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would leave it. Looks decent.

ckblum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Looks great bro. I actually like the stepped appearance, maybe just smooth it out and even bevel the edges a bit if possible? Might weaken it too much though. Sweet design though, I have the similar type of prerunner style bumper only I made mine all out of 1 1/2" schedule 40 I think. Search for "front bumper project" too see, I gotta take some pics now that it's mounted up and painted.

Also about those little edges on the front fenders, Im planning on just cutting mine right off in line with the little front valence piece. It would give me a bit of clearance, plus one already got munched a bit and its just kind of a lame hunk that hangs down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals