• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone get TV through their computer?

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Last night during my lunch break at work I was reading an article on yahoo about getting free TV on your computer, but got cut short by machine problems, now I can't find the article that I was reading.

Does anyone here do this? Do you get live TV, like the same shows that you get through cable? If so, where and how do you do it? I wouldn't be opposed to dumping my cable, I pay $89 a month to watch about 5 channels (including internet), I could drop it by $10 a month and lose 2 of the channels that I watch, which I am considering doing. If I can get just internet and pay $20 a month for that, I'd be happy.

So does anyone do this?

YayItsJake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l V6
Transmission
Manual
my old Vaio i had during college had a threaded cable jack in the gfx card and it had an internal tv tuner and remote control. . .i oinly used it when my roomate wanted to play videogames or watch a movie and i wanted tv. i'm not sure about getting free cable or not since the college was paying for it. i hope i helped a little bit.:D

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I believe what you had was a TV tuner card, but you'd still need to have cable service to use it. I found a couple of websites that say they have free TV, but everything seems to be recorded, or they won't tell you the channels until you sign up. What I want is the History Channel, National Geographic, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, stuff like that. Science Channel would be nice, that's what I pay extra for right now.

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
hulu.com, youtube as well. I have my computer tower plugged right in to my tv. So i use those two websights and download anything else i want.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals