• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Carb linkage anyone?

abypilot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can someone send me a picture of the correct cab linkage set up for a 2.8L v6 on a ranger xlt? My email is abypilot@yahoo.com
I rebuilt my carb and it runs well but I don't think I have the linkage right. The idle screw is so far to the rear toward firewall that it is un effective. Help?

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Idle

The engine idle is controled by the computer if it don`t idle right it could be alot of things get a code reader and start there a book helps also Kim

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an '83 and the engine idle is not controlled by the computer, at least not only controlled by the computer. I can adjust my idle below the cable on the left side(drivers) of the the carb. I will be changing the speedometer today and will shoot a picture of mine and send it to the email you provided.

Eric:icon_welder:

schmoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83 2.8 ranger
Make / Model
84 2.3 4x4 rang
Transmission
Manual
some have a screw, some don't. all the
ones i have seen have a hole that you
can put a screw in.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you're talking about the screw on the back side, closest to the firewall, that screw shouldn't be touching normally. It is to keep the engine from dieing when the idle solenoid (motor) comes off. It, and its adjustment, is explained in most manuals. You may find it on this site under setting the idle, but not sure if anyone posted it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals