• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
can y ou guys help, my Fing truck keeps going back to the same problem I I can't figure it out. Its got brand new plus wires and cap, and all of the cylinders fire except #6, and I check the electrical all the way down its getting the spark even through the plug but when I put it in it just sits there and miss fires, I take the wire off theres still sparks traveling between them but then I put it back on and it does the same thing.

now WTF is wrong with?(not ment angerly):scare:

I'm going crazy tring to figure it out

ghost_rader

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
first i would try to move the plug to another position in the engine. if it stays at #6 i would look at the wire, poss swap it around also. if it still has the same problem, you need to check for fuel, could be a clogged port (2.8 carbed right?) next i would check compression, a valve could be hanging up
good luck

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello

What about you distributor shaft? It could be out of spec and worn. Just an idea.

igiveup

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I found the problem, it turned out the plug was broke on the inside I guess and would fire when I held it because I was pushing it together, but in the truck it was yanking out, and then it was getting fouled from not fireing. I put one of the old plugs back in and it runs great, I thought the comp. or tfi was going on it again. Thank God I have everything for a duraspark /w gm module. and I am getting a 302 for it pretty soon.

thanks for the sugessions though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals