• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

advice on floorboard fix

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my pop has a gen 1 bronco 2 and the floorboard is splitting under the left seat support driver side it looks like an 8 inch v shaped tear. any thing to recommend where and how to mig weld support under the seat and would stick welding be better?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
i got the same thing in my 87.. as well as in the back next to the fenderwells from chopping the top.... body doesn't flex very well ya know.. haha :dntknw:

i'm just going to slid a piece of 3/16 steel over the crack and use my little 110 wire feed to make her solid. i'll cut the piece to fit a little better which could be not so easy due to the hump right there as well. and the 3/16 is a little overkill but thats what i got laying around. honestly almost anything you do will be an improvement. stick would prob be better aswell but the little wire feed should have enough penetration to do the job and its a little easier to move.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i was wanting to wait till i got a regulator and argon for my mig welder.... but it got so bad i needed to do it today i used flux core wire and i hate the stuff but it got the job done. wasnt the prettiest welds but they will keep my dad from ending up in his backseat in his b2. if i had pics i would up load them but i just wanted to get done so none were taken.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals