• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 super basic ranger renewal

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
finally back in a ranger!

Just bought this 94 as a replacement work vehicle, and need to fit it out. Could not resist as I love the 90s teal and its amazingly simple with manual everything

fairly complete and a good starting point to work off of

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
took a bunch of pics, I have some rust work ahead of me.

Body looks decent-

Inside is dirty, but should shine up nice with some cleaning

Bought it for the simplicity, manual trans, manual steering, no A/C, and 2.3, it can't get much more stripped down

Only rust on the body is a little area of damage on pass rear corner of the bed, and some starting wheel arch rust on the bed

You would never know from the way it sits that this is the rear suspension currently-

driver side-

passenger side-

or that the cab was hanging on one side-

truck only has 90k, im pretty sure it launched stuff from a boat dock and was backed into the Atlantic a few times. There is a very definitive line along the frame of rust

spare is basically as solid as a butterfinger

so plan right now is get rid of current spare, and all bracketry to keep a tire under the truck, then mount another wheel inside the bed.

On order are shackle and mount kits for the rear suspension, new shocks all around, and rear cab mounts. I need to get some cab bushings, but after that it should be a little safer.

Amazingly in the current condition it didnt ride all that bad. I thought all it might need was shocks. :D

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
chassis stuff arrived in the mail today! will be a fun weekend

cab mounts are unpainted folded replacement parts of pretty good quality. The spring stuff seems much more like OEM stamped and painted

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
some update pics-

pulled cap, pulled bed. this was possible alone but I wouldn't do that again.

the rotten cab mount also created some chafing issues between the cap and cab, but should be easy to touchup without too much work

I might also get some shock mount brackets while im at it, but I will see what material is left after busting off some rust

fortunately bed wasnt too damaged by the leaf springs, got lucky there

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
some overdue updates-

truck is on the road! replaced all hangars except driver front, wheeled down and painted top of frame with rust converter-

this is in prep for sandblasting and undercoating later

need to replace rear frame crossmember soon, pretty crispy

also driver side frame after the rear shackle is very thin, will need to beef that up soon before sandblasting. With those two frame issues welded in, the frame should be solid

JB3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
other improvements were fresh fuel pump, new tires, new shocks, front brakes were awful, new front brakes, refreshing of rear brakes.

Dithering on the cap. Do I need it, do i not need it for work. There are arguments either way for the duties assigned to this truck. I do like the way it looks, which is unusual for me since I usually don't keep caps.

All depends on how simple a block and tackle system set up in my garage to hoist the cap off the ranger might be to build. Then I would keep it and hang it on the ceiling.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals