• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My First 1st Gen!!!

rangerplus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I bought this truck a few years ago... I was taking some back roads and spotted this Ranger sitting in a driveway with no plates... Hmm... knock knock knock "Excuse me, I was just wondering if that Ranger is for sale?" "As a matter of fact it is" So after a few minutes of playing with it, starter fluid, jumper cables, etc. fired it up and drove up and down the driveway, made a deal and left a deposit. Burrowed my brother's truck and trailer and went back to pick it up. It's a North Carolina truck, SUPER clean underneith, has not seen a New York winter! 1984 Ranger 4 cylinder, 5 speed, needed a little carb work. Odometer reads 76k, but being it's only 5 digits, I have no clue if it's 76, 176, 276. Doesn't matter much to me as it's clean and straight.

1st mod... 96 Cobra Rims...

This was memorial day weekend 2012, decided late on Sunday night that I was going to do some suspension work, so ripped it apart under the lights... Amazing how easy things came apart for a 28 year old truck. I love working on Southern vehicles! Put a flip kit on the back and reinstalled tailgate and threw on a tonneau cover.

Did not plan to leave it like this for long, but couldn't stand the backwards rake any longer. Had some cut coils sitting here s on they went until I collected the parts for beams install.

Finally pulled the cut coils last fall and installed dream beams along with spindles and brakes from a 97. Still enjoying just driving this thing with it's carbureted 4 cylinders of fiery! Oh, and I decided to do a roll-in Herculiner bed liner. I'm pretty happy with the results.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Nice wheel choice, You have a clean Ranger. I like the two tone paint too.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Glad to see you saving that '84! She's looking good. Will keep checking in on the progress. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals