• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leaf springs not allighned?

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Today when I parked at work I had parked in a fair amount of mud. So I decided to move my truck after noticing the amount of mud I was in. It wasn't much of a problem moving, tires spun a little but nothing major. Afterwards I was looking at my left rear tire seeing how much mud I had on it considering I noticed a nice rut where I had parked. I noticed that my left rear leaf spring was not allighed. The top 2 leafs are together perfectly but the 3rd (bottom) leaf spring is about 15-20 degrees angled away from the top 2 (kinda like a narrow 'X'). I don't think that getting my truck out of the mud would have caused this but it could be a possibility. I'm thinking I'll have to lift the rear of my truck and hammer the leaf back into place.

But the point here is, anyone got any ideas on how to fix this and if my parking experiance might have caused this.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
the center bolt might be loose or broken. have you or a previous owner lifted the truck?

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
The leaf could also be broken. I broke my middle leaf on both sides of my stock springs. You'll want to drop the axle on that side to be sure. Heck, I didn't know the one time until I went to lower my truck and found it.

Your parking adventure probably didn't cause it, you just happened to notice it now.

James

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As far as I know my truck hasn't been lifted or lowered in the past. I do plan on lifting it sometime in the near future. Hopefully Wed. at school I can talk to the suspension teacher and see if we can get my truck on a lift and check it out.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
thought about this post as i went with a friend to get his daughters boyfriends friend cause the rear end fell out of his truck and his 98 2wd was this way so maybe the ubolts are not tight

wally

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
my 98 2wd ranger just did that same thing on the passenger side. I wound up replacing both leaf springs so it wouldn't lean to one side with one new spring. If your thinking about lifting it it might be a good time if they make kits that replace the leaf spring and if not I recommend getting new springs. also make sure you check or spring shackles and hangers as these are prone to rust out as mine did!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals