• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Edc

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Want to start just a general thread on Every Day Carry.

I've found out recently that I'm addicted to EDC type stuff. I always find myself looking at carry gear and different items that people carry.

What type of items do you carry every day? and how do you carry it?

My EDC:
iPhone 5, lifeproof case (not pictured...had to take the pic somehow lol)
Wallet
Keys
Meyerco Dirk Pinkerton Knife
http://www.meyercousa.com/knife-designers/dirk-pinkerton/meyercor-dirk-pinkerton-assisted-opening-wharning-knife.html
XDm .45 acp 3.8" w/ spare mag
Theis IWB Holster
Jake Belt (carry belt)
http://theisholsters.com/
16gb jump drive
Cheap "disposable" CREE LED Flashlight
http://www.amazon.com/Lumens-Zoomable-Adjustable-Flashlight-Waterproof/dp/B007FC5A5Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1378777997&sr=8-7&keywords=cree+led+flashlight
free pen of some sort.. usually Sportsman Warehouse

On order is, to add in the EDC
Original SOE EDC Belt
http://www.originalsoegear.com/EDCBelt.html
KYTEX Spare mag Holster
http://www.kytexgear.com/products-page/pistol-mag-carriers/

Occasionally I'll use the INCOG G-Code IWB Holster (w/out mag holster)
http://monderno.com/gear-reviews/g-code-incog/

Last edited:

willindsay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My EDC

Smith & Wesson HRT folder.
Master Brand fixed blade. Cheap neck knife with plastic handles removed and wrapped in paracord and trimmed sheath for IWB carry at about 4-5.
Same Cree flashlight as OP. I do run the 14500 batteries in it to make it a bit brighter.
Keys with a Wenger Swiss army knife and monkey fist keychain.
Wallet from Aeropostale. (Girlfriend got it for me wasn't my first choice but it works)
Lately I've also been carrying a loose 9mm round in my pocket. Started as I just put there to get it off the desk I was cleaning but I've left it cause it never hurts to have another round.
And as you can tell I've always got some paracord handy.

As for a CCW I'm in college living in the dorms so can't carry most of the time. When I do leave campus though I AIWB carry a SCCY CPX2 2nd gen in a all kydex holster I formed my self. I also toss a spare 10rd mag in my pocket for a total of 22 rounds available.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just can't EDC when working. I have my keys, which I usually just leave in my truck(or job box if on site), same goes for my wallet, and it's 50/50 if I have my phone with me. One thing I always have on me, is my knife(a simple leatherman one at the moment)

I got home today and my pockets were full of rocks & dirt that fell into them while working(luckily I left my phone in the truck).
Other times I'll have my tool belt on(electrician), which of course houses a bunch of specific work tools - nothing 'multi'
Plus my truck is almost never out of sight, and in it I have a bunch of other tools that wouldn't fit in my pouch or might not be needed for a certain job.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have a knife. Or 6.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I carry my wallet, car keys, house key, and a pen. There's no need lugging around a bunch of nonsense every day. People are so paranoid its not even funny.

Yes, I keep some tools and stuff in my truck for repairs, but I don't carry my whole house around with me like some videos on youtube show these "Preppers" doing. You see them driving around and the ass end of their car is dragging because they think they need to carry their house with them. These are also the same people that go camping and try and pack their whole house as well.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Keys, cell, wallet, Buck 373, Leatherman Kick and Streamlight Sylus Pro.

They all get used too, I recently got the Streamlight and I don't know how I ever got a long with out one before. It is incredibly handy to have a flashlight on you, it is incredibly bright for its size too. I had 2D maglites in my youth that wouldn't compare to this little 2x AAA light.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I carry my wallet, car keys, house key, and a pen. There's no need lugging around a bunch of nonsense every day. People are so paranoid its not even funny.

Yes, I keep some tools and stuff in my truck for repairs, but I don't carry my whole house around with me like some videos on youtube show these "Preppers" doing. You see them driving around and the ass end of their car is dragging because they think they need to carry their house with them. These are also the same people that go camping and try and pack their whole house as well.
so carrying a firearm is paranoid? I'll get back to that in a second...

I keep some basic stuff in my truck, more than most... but I'm not crazy about it. My truck tool box (I do mechanic work on the side and a lot of times it's at the car's house, not mine) and another box. The other box I can take out if needed... it's stuff like Poncho's, water, hunting gear, camping stuff, etc. I hunt/camp out of my truck so it's handy.

now about this paranoid stuff....
Paranoid is living in fear.. Paranoid is changing your life b/c of fear. I understand MANY people do this. I think most of us here are realistic though. I'm aware things may happen and I'll always have some food/ammo/survival items ready...but not to the point where I'm going broke doing so. I'm prepared without being a prepper.... I've not altered my life. I'm just prepared.

I have a gun on me at all times. I'm aware that the world is evil... I don't want to face that face but lets be realistic.... no one does. However, many people daily find situations where they need help. I'm not saying I (or any other responsible Conceal Carry Permit) holder wants to kill anyone over small stuff. If someone wants my cash but poses no harm to my life, I don't want to live with the fact that I took someone's life over $50.

I could go on, but I won't. This "paranoid" stuff just gets to me... This is not a rant towards you, but you didn't say that I/we are paranoid. As far as I know, you're talking about those crazy way out there preppers that go broke and change their life just b/c of prepping. My word to people is to be prepared and aware of what the future can bring, but don't live in fear or change your life because of it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I am prepared but I don't carry a vehicle full of stuff around like some people I see do.

I'm talking about hose crazy people out there who are always in a paranoid state always trying to prepare for every little thing.

I spend 12 years in the military being prepared for everything is impossible, anyone that's ever been in the military knows that.

I'm not saying carrying a firearm is being paranoid, just the fact that there are people out there that carry several firearms in their vehicle to be "prepared" is a bit exaggerated LOL.

I don't Prep like what people's videos show, but I have my equipment for whatever I need to do handy. I have boxes for hunting, I have boxes for camping, etc. Depends on what I'm doing that weekend of what I pack, I don't try to haul my house with me LOL.

I try to keep everything as simple as possible, with the least amount of gear to pack around with me and try to keep track of.

You get too much stuff in your vehicle and people in the area take notice this is not what you want, if you are truly a prepper you wouldn't be going around posting videos and such of every little thing you do, showing off your weapons, prep items etc. To me that is just asking for trouble, and showing off. Its one thing to explain this stuff and what to do what to look for what items to have, but the ones I see with videos every day or every week showing off all their firearms it pathetic.

Prep all you want, that's fine, but trying to prepare for everything is impossible you never know what's coming, or where you will be.

People who live in constant fear of everything are probably going to be the first ones to go if anything ever did happen, they get overconfident about themselves and their $20,000 in nonsense gear they purchased.

I like to go to 2nd hand stores, and army navy stores and get items. I guess I should put together a picture of a few items, but I mean you can go on google and find pictures of this stuff its nothing extraordinary. A few cooking items, food, water, hygiene items, clothes, shelter. The normal things you would take with you for camping. Its not rocket science....Ok maybe for some people it might be but for those with common sense its just normal LOL.

Nope not making fun of anyone by any means, just saying that some people get a bit carried away in their "Prepping".

What the picture a few posts above shows is what many people actually do carry, nothing spectacular, not a vehicle full of stuff, just things that you use every day, and a firearm for those not so good parts of the neighborhood.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
okay so we agree... lol

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Yes, I agree with you. There's one thing about being prepared and its a whole different story when people start that whole paranoid routine.

I don't pack a gun everywhere I go because I don't feel the need to where I live, but the other reason is I don't have any guns at the moment to pack around easily. Kind of hard to daily carry a hunting rifle LOL.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Bump anyone else?

onelif2live85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ill play lol just upgraded the ole knife and light...

Nitecore p12 rated at 950lumens 222meter throw. (amazing carry)

Crkt Big DOG M16-14DSFG

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
No pictures, but my EDC is a S&W M&P 45, with a White Hat Max-tuck holster. It's a little big, but it manages to conceal pretty good.

I'm actually looking for something with less of a handle on it, as mine pokes out quite a bit. I was REALLY hoping Remington's R51 would have had a better launch and was more ready for production, but I guess I'm still in the market for something different. Seeing as the time it's going to take for Remington to sort the problems out, summer will be over and gone. Which is when I'd like to be carrying it since it'll be warm out and I wont be wearing a sweater/jacket most everywhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals