• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cheaper Than Dirt

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Does anyone buy from them? I don't know if you guys have noticed but they are price gouging the hell out of things, especially magazines. Lots of people are starting to boycott them for their business practices. Multiple people on other forums have ordered magazines at normal prices from them only to have it canceled because they are "out of stock" rather than keeping it on backorder. Then the next day they are magically in stock again with a price increase that some have said is 500%. I don't have personal experience with them but I thought I might pass it along so no one here gets taken advantage of.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dirt is actually fairly expensive...

It does pay to shop around though, even without the panic that is going on. :icon_thumby:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought from there before... good service, but theyre definitely cashing in on this right now

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i've bought from them a ton in the past. but not lately.

i got on their sight back in early january and it said they had 20 round SKS mags in stock, so ordered 3. never heard from them again. (they immediately took the money from my account.) finally 2 weeks later, i emailed them to see what was up, no response. a week later, i emailed them again and then 3 or 4 days after that they send me an email saying that they were out of stock. WTF? screw them. i'd never had a bad experience with them until then, but still, i think i'll take my $$ elsewhere.

if you shop around, you can actually find stuff cheaper than them. i saw they were selling AR mags for $39.xx the other day, bullshit. those things are $12 a piece normally. and they're charging $80 for factory glock magazines. go F a goat.

the only thing they've done recently that i agree with is to not sell to government agencies in any states where citizens are having bans imposed.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
CTD is gouging their customers and began this practice early on in mid December. If people want to pay those prices fine, but they won't receive any of my business.

the only thing they've done recently that i agree with is to not sell to government agencies in any states where citizens are having bans imposed.
^x2

Here are other companies that are taking the same stance in support of our 2nd Amendment.:icon_thumby:
Barrett
LaRue Tactical
Double Star
Olympic Arms
Midway
Magpull
York Arms

....and here are a few companies to avoid.
Bank of America cancelled the credit lines of firearms manufacturers and dealers.

Big 5 is pulling the one .223 they carried and all .22 caliber Variants

Dicks Sporting Goods, They quit selling modern sporting rifles, during a time of heightened awareness, and threat to American freedoms. Thus supporting the idea that law abiding gun owners and dealers have something to be ashamed of, caving in to the liberal media and turning their backs on the very people (hunters, sportsmen, etc.) that have supported them and made them the company they have become.

These stores have never had that great of firearms selection or prices anyways but one way for Americans to "vote" and change idiotic company policies is by supporting those businesses and individuals that still stand for more than their own bottom line.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
http://news.msn.com/us/comcast-pulls-all-gun-ads-from-cable-network

I bet they still have all the CSI crap and bad guys with guns on there though. :annoyed:

One other thing to keep in mind before you toot other's horns about "supporting your second ammendment" you have to consider they have a huge finacial stake in the continued sales of modern sporting rifles.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah, i remember Dicks was the first store i heard of that said that they were pulling AR type rifles off their shelves. like 4 or 5 days after sandy hook. i would kick them to the curb, but they're the only store around here that has 12 gauge in stock on a regular basis.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would actually have to buy something at Dicks before I could boycott them. At least around here they tailer a lot more to sports stuff (like Soccar, baseball...) than hunting/shooting stuff.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
One other thing to keep in mind before you toot other's horns about "supporting your second ammendment" you have to consider they have a huge finacial stake in the continued sales of modern sporting rifles.
^ I agree, BUT, it is by denying those contracts with government agencies, that these businesses give up what could be a considerably large part of their financial revenue to support the American public's second ammendment rights.

Ronnie Barrett, owner and CEO of Barrett Firearms Manufacturing wrote:

“It’s hard to believe we live in such a dark time that someone has actually banned a single shot rifle. But as you will see, this is the cleverest of all gun bans, and the end goal is civilian disarmament, the confiscation of your tools of liberty, your rifles…” He goes on to say, “Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California’s passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution’s 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California.

President of Olympic Firearms put out the following statement:

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity – will no longer be served as customers.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

LaRue Tactical put out a press release that read:

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies.

In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

Magpul Ind. writes:
In addition to the national battle to protect our firearms rights, many states are currently engaged in their own fights. Here in CO, a state with a strong heritage of firearm and other personal freedoms, we are facing some extreme challenges to firearms rights. We have been engaged in dialogue with legislators here presenting our arguments to stop legislation from even being introduced, but our efforts did not deter those of extreme views.

After the NRAs visit last week, several anti-freedom bills were introduced by CO legislators, and a very aggressive timeline has been set forth in moving these bills forward.

The bills include:
HB 1229, Background checks for Gun Transfers--a measure to prohibit private sales between CO residents, and instead require a full FFL transfer, including a 4473.

HB 1228, Payment for Background Checks for Gun Transfers-- a measure that would require CO residents to pay for the back logged state-run CBI system (currently taking 3 times the federally mandated wait time for checks to occur) instead of using the free federal NICS checks.

And finally, HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines--a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

We'd like to ask all CO residents to please contact your state legislators and the members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to kill these measures in committee, and to vote NO if they reach the floor.

We also ask you to show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb 12, for the magazine ban committee hearing and Wednesday,
Feb 13, for the hearing on the other measures.

Due to the highly restrictive language in HB 1224, if passed, and we remained here, this measure would require us to cease PMAG production on July 1, 2013.

In short, Magpul would be unable to remain in business as a CO company, and the over 200 jobs for direct employees and nearly 700 jobs at our subcontractors and suppliers would pick up and leave CO. Due to the structure of our operations, this would be entirely possible, hopefully without significant disruption to production.

The legislators drafting these measures do so in spite of the fact that nothing they are proposing will do anything to even marginally improve public safety in CO, and in fact, will leave law-abiding CO residents less able to defend themselves, strip away rights and property from residents who have done nothing wrong, and send nearly 1000 jobs and millions in tax revenue out of the state.

We like CO, we want to continue to operate in CO, but most of all, we want CO to remain FREE.

Please help us in this fight, and let your voices be heard!

We have included the contact information for the House Judiciary committee for your convenience:

House Judiciary Committee
Rep. Daniel Kagan, Chair: 303-866-2921, repkagan@gmail.com
Rep. Pete Lee, Vice Chair: 303-866-2932, pete.lee.house@state.co.us
Rep. John Buckner: 303-866-2944, john.buckner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Lois Court: 303-866-2967, lois.court.house@state.co.us
Rep. Bob Gardner, 303-866-2191, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us
Rep. Polly Lawrence, 303-866-2935, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us
Rep. Mike McLachlan, 303-866-2914, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us
Rep. Rep Carole Murray, 303-866-2948, murrayhouse45@gmail.com
Rep. Brittany Pettersen, 303-866-2939, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us
Rep. Joseph Salazar, 303-866-2918, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us
Rep. Jared Wright, 303-866-2583, jared.wright.house@state.co.us

Last edited:

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I was unaware that CTD had slipped to such a depth,and now the catalog I received today without prices makes sense...

I will cease doing business with them and just buy ammo locally at Ga Arms,they treat me right,of course I do take care of their a/c systems.

We surely do live in interesting times,tis sad but true...

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
www.gunbot.net

Real time inventory. If you reload, they have a section for that as well that they just started.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Midway USA isnt taking advantage of the panic, i think there was a thread somewhere on here about it. i buy from them a lot if they arent too high on the price.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i get emails from CTD from time to time since i've bought stuff from them in the past. the one i got today says Beat the "Massive Ammunition Magazine" Ban, Buy Now!......what massive magazine ban? there's no ban in NC. phucking fear-mongers spreading BS to drive up their sales.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
+1 to that. I've heard several horror stories about CTD. I'd never buy anything from them. ooooo - lookie, I'm a terrorist because my massive mags hold 17 rounds!!!!!! This crap is getting old.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals