• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS acting up & lighting up, SCS too

testanimal

Reaction score
Stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany; live in Nürn
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If it does not blow the engine, you did good.
2011 Ranger 2,3 ; stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany (US ARMY)

So, yesterday I get off work. I get in my Ranger and drive off. The road was clear of mud, ice, snow, and debris. There has been a lot of salt on the road recently due to the weather. I take off, approach a stop sign and the ABS engaged. It made a funky sound. Sounded like a stick clicking over and over again. I proceeeded to drive on.

At this time the ABS light and the Stability control light as well. Brakes continued to work. This time without the sound of the ABS engaging. Does the ABS always make that funky wood clcking sound when it engages?

Anyways, I called my local dealer about warranty repair and I cannot get my Ranger in until 13FEB2013. Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would greatly apreciated. I just want to be able to drive and brake safley for my weekend trip to the family.

I do have a Diablo tuner. I drive home on the weekends(200 miles). I did not like it being limited to 90 mph:At that speed I was in fear of getting ran over. Now I am able to cruise at 105 MPH. Curious enough though, at 98 MPH I get a sound like unbalanced tires. This goes away at 101 MPH. Any idea what this could be?

Thanks for reading,

Bruce
an american Soldier
Patriot Missile Oerator/Maintainer

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Hi Bruce and welcome to the forum. You are a lucky man getting to cruise those kinds of speeds legally. As for your ABS problem ADSM would be the guy that would most likely have an answer for you. On older RABS I might could help but I have never worked on a Ranger that new.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals