• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

warm troubles

FENIX RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Hello friends.
This day will ask opinions about a problem I have in my 85 ford ranger.

the problem is this: when you turn in the morning everything works fine, but at high temperatures, if I decide to turn it off and back on, I can not, I have to wait for it to cool. After cooling I can turn it on again.

Another detail is that sometimes driving (no matter the speed at which it is) the engine stops and returns by sections of about 1 second, as if that second will not send spark to the cylinders and lost all power.
took months with this problem and I'm sick. I love my truck and I will not sell it.
This is a list of the things you buy and modify it:
coil.
spark plug wires.
tfi module. This was placed remotely by the engine warm and modification saw here in the forum.
temperature sensor.
precione oil sensor.
spark.
battery.
among other things.

I need help with this problem and I hope the experts can help me as always in this excellent forum.

I'll be on the lookout in case they need something else.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sounds like the high temps are causing a vapor lock. Make sure your cooling system is up to snuff and also timing or running lean could elevate temps too.

Edit: Where are you from?

FENIX RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
update:
Now's the same cold, start the engine and off, enough only to turn the steering wheel all the way to charge the engine a bit, and this is off, select first gear and pull the clutch slowly and just feel the slightest load the engine shuts down, many rpm to start off I need to move. any idea friends?

FENIX RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
more sugestions? pls i need help.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Normally intermittent faults that are erratic like that are wiring related, disconnect the battery and pull all your connectors apart and clean with electrical cleaner everything you can find and use some dielectric grease to put them back together. Use a small screwdriver or ice pick to push all the pins in the connector all the way in. Thoroughly inspect all the wires especially around the exhaust for bare, cracked or broken wires. pull every ground you can find apart and sand metal to metal. Once you have thoroughly gone through the wiring connect the battery and start the engine. It kinna sounds fuel related borrow a fuel pressure tester from your local parts store and see if the fuel pressure is to spec you should hear both fuel pumps run for a few seconds when you turn the key on note that pressure , start it up and run at a high idle and note that pressure then disconnect the vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator and note that pressure. Someone here will know what is acceptable just a few things to check that are cheap. Compression, timing and advance curve, vacuum pressure, spark gap test with a spark gap tester. Changing parts may get you there but a thorough diagnostic should tell you why a part went bad.

IslandFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Lima Bean asked where you live. I'm guessing Phoenix, AZ. Correct?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals