• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 Explorer/94 Ranger hybrid

Spooledx2

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Gents.

Here is the first of my two Ranger builds. This one has been as is destined to be a DD. Anyway it started life as a stock 94 single cab with a 3.0 auto. I got a set of Fabtech beams from a friend of mine, and cut and extended them 4" per side and plated the hell out of them. Actually turned out pretty nice for what they were. We built new heimed radius arm and got a set of drop down brackets and Fabtech coils. Added a set of deavers in the rear, pulled the bedsides, and installed a set of hanneman fenders up front, 33" toyos all around with an 8.8 Explorer rear end with an LSD and 4:56 gears.

I drove the hell out of it for a few years, until the motor blew and it sat for a while as I searched for a 302 to swap into it.

I ended up picking up a complete low mile Explorer V8 2wd that was hit in the drivers side cheap from Copart. Originally I was going to rip the motor and trans out of the donor and swap it into the Ranger. After a few months of contemplation I decided to rip the explorer body off of the chassis and swap the cab and bed over to the Explorer chassis since the single cab long box is the same wheelbase as the 4 door Explorer.

Since I wanted to swap in the new dash and all the ac, heater ect. I decided to swap out the firewall from the explorer while I had the cab off.

Anyway right now I am building rear cab mounts and getting everything bolted up and swapped over. So that's where she sits now.

Right now I am in the process of building an engine cage and figuring out all the mounting points for the radiator, grille, fenders, ect.

Was a much easier swap than I would have thought, plus all the drivetrain is already in and where it's supposed to be so that was a huge bonus :headbang:

Late,
Ramon(no I am not Mexican) lol

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Nice. Welcome to the site! Got more pics?

Spooledx2

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Its been a little while since i put up some updates, So here is a few updates gents. Working on the front end as much as I can with birthdays and holidays getting in the way... Anyway... Built a simple core support and started hanging the fender, radiator, fans, oil coolers ect.

Screwing around on Craigslist and found a smokin deal on a set of PRP Roadster seat for $200. So I couldn't pass it up and needed new seats anyway.

More updates to come.. All of you ladies and gents have a Merry Christmas and be safe.

Ramon

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals