• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help! I need some maguivire advice on how to bleed a clutch with one person

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
Transmission
Manual
I have to work in less than 12 hours, and i went to go down the road maybe 4 miles and the clutch acted strange. Well i have found the problem, the clutch reservoir was below the nipple. This is strange because i checked it 2 days ago. I think i blew a seal somewhere, but dont know. I am not looking right now at fixing the seal, but more to patch it. So now i decided to fill her up with some DOT 3 brake fluid and give it a bleed. Only problem is i've called close to 10 buddies and all are busy ( whod think on a friday night). Anyways my question is how can i do it by myself at home, without any fancy tools. I dont need a complete clutch bleed, just enough to get me down the road 5 miles to work tomorrow where i can pull it into the shop. ANY IDEAS?

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i just gravity bleed it in that case.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Top off the MC, Disconnect the hose from the slave cyl. Blow the brake fluid back into the MC, crimp the hose shut, and reconnect it to the slave. Now open the slave bleeder and let the fluid drain until there no bubbles.

The right way to bleed the MC is to unbolt it and tip it forward to eliminate the air pocket , then disconnect the line from the slave and drain off any air bubbles. Reconnect to the slave and open the bleeder.

I dont recommend removing the MC unless it has been off recently. It took me about 8 hrs to get the MC off because, the captive nuts came loose.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals