• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bushmaster

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone on here own a Bushmaster carbon ar15? If so, I`d like some opinions on it, please. Thanks

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Transmission
Manual
I have one and love it. Handles extremely well. Haven't put many rounds thru it yet, but I will tell you that it needs a GOOD cleaning when you get it. All that cosmoline (packing oil) caused a couple of jams on mine. Full tear down and cleaning and she has been flawless ever since.

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply. I`ve done a lot research on them and it seems to be a good one.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I am buying the 450 upper later this week for firearms season for deer here in IN.

jcook1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i dont have one yet i have been thinkin about gettin one tho and from i have heard and looked at they seem like a good gun for the price... no need to spend over 1200 unless you want a better one just depends on what your gonna do with it

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well I bought an ar15 today. Not a Bushmaster but a Smith and Wesson M&P 15. Stopped on the way home and shot 10 rounds with it. Extremely good shooting and accurate. My first ar. I do like it. It does have a lifetime warranty.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have heard good things about the S&W, it would be in the running if I was to buy a factory built gun.

Personally I have had enough dealings with Freedom Arms to last me quite awhile. While my problems were with a Marlin they did the same thing to the Bushmaster plant, fired everybody and moved production to another facility.

I really do not like how they deal with companies they buy out and condense after claiming that they will not. It really burns me when companies are only bought out for the name and everybody that built the name is kicked to the curb.

If you think about getting another AR down the road you might check out Windham Weaponry, they are a lot of the real Bushmaster people that got back together after their plant was shut down. Not much more money if any than a Bushmaster... I would pay the difference. If nothing else it wouldn't help feed the beast that has been buying/ruining fine firearm companies across the country.

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/content_meet_our_team.asp

Last edited:

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That`s the main reason I went with S&W. The guy at the gun shop said since Bushmaster was bought out, their quality had gone down hill. And Bushmaster only offers a one year warranty versus a lifetime warranty for the S&W. I think I made a good choice.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That`s the main reason I went with S&W. The guy at the gun shop said since Bushmaster was bought out, their quality had gone down hill. And Bushmaster only offers a one year warranty versus a lifetime warranty for the S&W. I think I made a good choice.
I think you did too. :icon_thumby:

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I think you did too. :icon_thumby:
Any advice on a scope. I want one that will give me quick short range sight and also reach out 100 to 200 hundred yards. I have seen some with a laser for close shots and magnification for long range shots. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals