• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Walapai 4 Wheelers events & monthly runs

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone my name is Loren and I'm a member of the Walapai 4 Wheelers in Kingman AZ. We are putting on a jamboree, it is going to be called the Ghost Town Jamboree, I'm on the planning committee we set the date for April 12th thru 14th 2013, as I get more info will post it, this is for all 4X4's to come and I brought up you guys and they said to let you know about it. We are rentting out the fair grounds here to hold the event so everyone has a place to park and camp if needed. We have alot of trails for stockers to rock buggies, but besides this we go on runs every month and everyone is welcomed to go with us, I will post monthly runs here and check our club web site below so if want to go on a run with us, you can check their, post here or PM me.

walapai4wheeler.proboards.com

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
Here are some pics from Mohave County fair Off road event we put on.

Last edited:

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
Just wanted to add our club run classifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Classifications

Fire extinguishers, first aid kits, spare tire, tools, jack (high lift), extra gas, oil, water, tow straps, spill kit. Roll cages are recommended on all vehicles without hard tops—we advise full-cage roll bars
on all runs. Seat belts always. C.B. radios are very useful.
Do not travel alone.

1. Graded Roads: Passable by stock and two-wheel drive; improved dirt, gravel, etc.

2. Easy Dirt roads - high ground clearance recommended for stock pickups, vans, etc. Mud holes, rocks could stop most vehicles. 4x4 makes travel easier, may be problems without it.

3. Medium 4x4 required due to rough terrain and loose traction. Low-range gears used occasionally. Street tires unacceptable aggressive tread preferred. Roll bar and/or hardtop required.
Moderate experience and driving skills beneficial. Mud, holes, rocks, boulders, off-camber, steep, slick trails. Possible vehicle damage. Rollovers possible.

4. Difficult More difficult than 3 above. Rugged terrain. Requires above average driving skills. Difficult obstacles encountered.
Stock equipment not advisable. 4x4 and low range all of the time. Important— lockers/limited slip, most helpful and advised.
35” or larger tires suggested.
Roll bar and/or hard top required.
Jacks and winches advised.
Possible vehicle damage. Rollovers possible.

5. Extreme Above average experience required. Potentially
dangerous situations.
Highly modified axles, suspension, gear boxes, wheels/
tires a must. 35—38” tires minimum. (Tire Size is a Guide line for most Trails)
Roll bar or hard top required.
Large boulders, extreme terrain, off camber, steep inclines, rugged roads/trails, washes.
Expect vehicle damage.
Rollovers possible.

Practice the BUDDY SYSTEM Never Travel alone. Always Two or more vehicles.

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
Just wanted to get an idea of how many of you out there would want to go to this event or interested?
It is going to be the Gost Town Jamboree put on by our club April 11th to the 14th of 2013.

Or if you have any questions, let me know, Thanks Loren

Last edited:

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
At last monthly meeting found out that FMAC 4 Wheelers club is comming to the Ghost Town Jamboree and we are expecting about 100 wheelers from this club, this event is growing don't miss out :icon_thumby:

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
One of my favorite runs

Moss wash / Mansion run, sat. May 19th, this is a good one it is a class 3+ run, meet at 9:00am at Petro I40 exit Blake Ranch Rd just out of Kingman AZ, leave at 9:30am, bring lunch so when we get to Mansion we will break their for lunch.

RMR MOTORSPORTS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv V6 with upgrades
Transmission
Automatic
Ok trip report, I GOT STUCK BAD & busted both front hubs, I wanted to try the hard way & not use the bypasses this time to really test out my rig, I had to be pulled & use my hi lift jack to get out, lol, but it was the 1st time I got stuck & had fun doing it.

Now I found a weak link, those stock auto locking hubs are not for big rocks, time to upgrade, any sugestions? on a post to check out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals