PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting wiring question

jaykhjr
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, I just bought a few LED lights to run in my foot wells to match my new paint. I already have four switches on the dash and I'd like to avoid wasting space for another. I want to wire the lights to come on when the truck is turned on and continue to stay on while running. any ideas? Thanks

srteach
01-21-2012, 05:32 PM
When the truck is started and running or when turned on to accessory? Why not have them come on with the headlights?

Either way, you could have a relay control inline with one of the under dash wires (Acc or Run) that controls power to the LED floor lights. Then when you have the ignition in the Acc or Run position, they would be on. I would have a manual switch in the circuit so I could turn them off when they get too annoying or in the daytime.

You could also wire them in with the dome light circuit and their own ground.

jaykhjr
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
I actually think im going to run it to the driving lights, that way when the driving lights or head lights are on, they will be too. There LED's I got are pretty strong and were really cheap. I got two strips for like $4.00. If anyone is interested I can post the link to ebay.