• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New CB Set-Up??

Scarecrow

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys,

Well I've had a few CB's in the past, but I've never really messed with them too much. So, I've decided to get a new set-up and I want to do it right and have a pretty nice one, but, i need to stay budget-minded.

The set-up i'm looking at is a new Cobra 19 DX IV (I've heard good things about it, and its pretty compact to fit in my ranger), a aftermarket power mic (don't know what kind yet, input??), a Pyramid 5-Amp power supply, a 100 watt SWR/RF meter, a 15 watt PA horn, a 9 ft. coax, and a 102 in. whip on the back bumper.

So with that said, whats yalls input on this and what kind of set-up are you running?? thanks in advance guys!!

5spd Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
about 10 years ago or so I had A Ranger RCI-2950 CB with a K40 antenna and man that thing would reach out there touch some on. The Cobra CB are not like the ones from years ago and I forgot who makes them now but there are not made in the USA anymore. Price around and you might find a better set up for the same price.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,

Well I've had a few CB's in the past, but I've never really messed with them too much. So, I've decided to get a new set-up and I want to do it right and have a pretty nice one, but, i need to stay budget-minded.

The set-up i'm looking at is a new Cobra 19 DX IV (I've heard good things about it, and its pretty compact to fit in my ranger), a aftermarket power mic (don't know what kind yet, input??), a Pyramid 5-Amp power supply, a 100 watt SWR/RF meter, a 15 watt PA horn, a 9 ft. coax, and a 102 in. whip on the back bumper.

So with that said, whats yalls input on this and what kind of set-up are you running?? thanks in advance guys!!
The Cobra 19 ain't anything to write home about, it has its limitations. Personally, I have a Cobra 29 in my pickup, I did the ashtray mod.

I'm running a Wilson 2000 Trucker antenna on top of my backrack, and it performs very well.

I'm running a Cobra power-mic, came with some guys Cobra 25 that died on him so I bought the mic off of him, works great! Used it with my Midland 1001Z (Another compact radio) for a while before that radio died.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Cobra 29 ca be peaked and tweaked for 20-30 bux, with k40 whip and power mic ull get about 15 miles. A cb amp will be best bang for buck, but a lot of times without a hunting club its hard to aqquire one.

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My set-up......Cobra 148-gtl(tweaked a little), 400 watt boot, 18 ft coax, 2" ball, 4" spring, 102" steel whip.

UpStandingMember

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6
Transmission
Manual
The Cobras have always been good radios. I saw one recently that had bluetooth. The thing I didn't like with it was it was only AM. I think I'll wait until it comes out with SSB. My Dad's been servicing and selling CBs since the 60's, so I grew up around them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals