• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 carb

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
does anybody know where the idle mixture screw is i cant find it in my haynes repair manuals, also how would i go about ajusting my automatic choke i belive the carb is the 2150a-2v correct me if im wrong. btw i love this sight got my first b2 3 months ago and its still bone stock and it has gone every where i have needed it to go even thru 12 feet of mud when all the other trucks were sunk halfway up the doors, i am definantly hooked on them now. :yahoo: :icon_hornsup:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If I recall correctly they originally had plastic caps on them.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
so john it is the two screws with the springs on them right,and thanks for the pic help alot more than describing it

John Smith

Reaction score
you may have to dig to find'm

with all the nonsense hooked up there but using a flashlight..maybe..u'll find'm and like the other guy said they may have plastic covers possibly...

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Your idle is controlled by the computer so to adjust the idle air you must first turn them all the way in to lightly seated then back out 3 full turns each. Then start the motor and let the engine fully warm up and make sure the choke is fully open with all the sensors plugged in including the one on the air filter housing (IAT) while it is running unplug the idle speed motor on the bottom front of the carb then adjust the idle air screws for the highest smooth idle possible then plug the idle motor back in and the idle should drop to around 700 rpm. If it dont drop on the side of the carb next oto the throttle cable is the antidiesel screw what would be the idle stop screw on a regular carb back it out until the idle motor controls the idle then back until it almost touches the throttle lever. Then turn off the engine and the throttle motor should fully extend opening the throttle. This is the curb idle unplug the idle motor and start the motor then adjust the position of the idle motor for the proper curb idle speed lock it down and plug the idle motor back in and it should idle down. Unless you messed with the choke it should be close and before you do anything check for vacuum leaks and all the vacuum lines are where they belong and put a new PCV valve on it. There should be a vacuum diagram on the radiator support. If you have run it with a sensor disconnected you need to reset the computer disconnect the battery for 1/2 an hour make sure everything is connected then go through a complete warmup cycle before you make any adjustments to the carb. GL

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yea you can pull the air filter housing off the carb just keep it plugged in or the computer will go wacko. and before you do anything reset the computer first and see if that fixes the problem especially if you ran it with a sensor unplugged.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
ok i will try all that in the morning thanks

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals