• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4 Way Flat Trailer Wiring

1BadRS

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1990 Bronco II that I plan to use to tow my other car on a dolly. The dolly has a 4 way flat plug and I picked up the other side of the harness to wire into the truck.

Can sombody tell me which wires I need to tap into to make the lights function as they should? I appreciate the help. :beer:

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
the brown wire goes to the taillight wire, yellow to left turn signal, green to right turn signal, white to a good ground. White isn't absolutely needed because most of the time the trailer lighting will ground through the hitch ball however I recomend it to prevent a short.

John Smith

Reaction score
Can I ask what harness..did you get?

They make a "plug and play" of the proper wiring harness. One that actually "plugs in" to your current wiring harness if you wish to do it that way. I forget the harness number but if your google you'll find what ur looking for 4 your 1990 B2...(.Napa/o'reily's/etc) but if ur gonna hard wire it...it's pretty simple..Lturn/Rturn/Tail/ground. If you have basic wiring skills/tools you should be able to pull it off. If not you may want to consider the pre-made "plug'n-play" version....good luck

pre-made..NO splicing/soldering/corosion and cheap actually..

Link...one choice

http://www.accessconnect.com/trailerwiring.htm#Ford

another:

http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-Simple-40405-Connector-Wiring/dp/B0002RNS6E?SubscriptionId=AKIAIFW5SGL2TJ2PUT2Q&tag=smauto1-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0002RNS6E

Last edited:

1BadRS

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for those links. Those plug and play ones are nice.

I had already picked up the one you splice in and just wired it up. We are ready to tow.

Thanks guys

88ranger89camaro

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
do yourself a favor and hook the ground up, trailer lights never work right without it, may seem to work when you check them, but get moving down the road and they flicker and all kinds of junk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals