PDA

View Full Version : ranger plow or full size

clifford97
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
im thinking about getting into some small scale plowing, just like neighbors driveways and whatnot. found a plow for a ranger the guy wanted 1600 for the full set up but its all steel, ive read that a poly/fiberglass plow would be better for a ranger especially a 3.0 like mine. but im not sure if the wear and tear put on my truck from plowing would be worth any money id be making. i found a couple trucks with plows for around the same price as the plow. however im sure they will need some work to pass inspection, etc.

SO QUESTION: should i get a plow for my truck and not have to drop extra money on fixing a new truck, registering and insureing etc.
OR
get another truck like an f150 or full size bronco, i also saw a k5 with a 2" lift, all were cheaper than the plow set up for my truck.

bobbywalter
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM
get a 1500 dollor pos plow truck complete

snoranger
11-01-2011, 01:20 PM
That seems high.

I'll sell you an '89 ranger w/ a 7' Meyers power angle plow for $1200. Take the plow off and junk the truck.

basilfaulty
12-30-2011, 02:30 PM
will the plow setup fit on a 1999 Ranger?

snoranger
12-30-2011, 09:07 PM
You'd prob have to modify the brackets.

CraigK
12-31-2011, 03:14 AM
clifford97

Just an FYI - I recently purchased a Snowbear brand Personal Snowplow (82") for my 87 BII. It looked like a nice light, light duty plow for my driveway and access road. Unfortunately, since then I have been dealing with both Snowbear (Canadian company) directly, and their distributor (AutoAccessoriesGarage.com from whom the purchase was made), over MULTIPLE quality issues, including the failure of the brackets to fit on the BII frame as shown in their instructions (this mounting kit is supposedly specific to 83-90 Rangers and BII's. I have yet to even get the plow (purchased over a month ago) on the vehicle. If you are considering this brand, beware!

CraigK

Mark_88
12-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Poll closed, but I'dve voted full size...Rangers may work for light stuff...but you need weight and HP for the rough stuff...I had a Dodge Ramcharger with a plow and it had what it needed...wouldn't try a smaller truck...