• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 EEFI Wiring Diagram

jhammel85

That's pretty nice but do you happen to have one a little bit bigger? It's hard to read

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
^^^ Agreed, my old eyes need bigger.

Richard

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That looks just like the one that Tom Moss did for the '93' Mustang 5.0L - even shows eight injectors! Copy to your picture files and then you can zoom up on it.
Dave of the Nord

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is indeed the work of Tom Moss. Located at: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/

You just checking up on me or what? I know a lot of people really like that one. Not too hard to do for any of the others, started a couple of times on the Explorer one -- but. In additon to the colors, there is a chart with the circuit numbers that along with the colors, really helps narrow down the function of the wire.
Dave of the Nord

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
You just checking up on me or what? I know a lot of people really like that one. Not too hard to do for any of the others, started a couple of times on the Explorer one -- but. In additon to the colors, there is a chart with the circuit numbers that along with the colors, really helps narrow down the function of the wire.
Dave of the Nord
Nah, just being a pest is all :D.

I noticed the diagram above has "Tmoss" hacked off of it. Tom deserves credit for his work, so I thought I'd post it with his name.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We got to quit meeting like this! Tom is the great one everyone looked to for porting intakes and heads on the Mustangs. I'll send you an E-mail maybe in the morning.
Dave of the Nord

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
We got to quit meeting like this! Tom is the great one everyone looked to for porting intakes and heads on the Mustangs.
Tom is awesome. I used his how-to on using an Explorer throttle body on my motor. I wish I had his knowledge for working over the P heads.

I'll send you an E-mail maybe in the morning.
Dave of the Nord
I'll be looking forward to it!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I'm so confused.

A V8 fuel injection diagram for a 2.9L?

Is the wiring colors suppose to be correct with the exception of the extra (2) injectors or something??

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I'm so confused.

Is the wiring colors suppose to be correct with the exception of the extra (2) injectors or something??
Same here :icon_confused:. Dave and I were having the discussion about this not being a 2.9 diagram, and hoping the OP would chime in and give the reasoning for the submission. Maybe it is similar??? :icon_confused:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm so confused.

Confusion abounds! The colors for at least the '93' remain constant for their use as do the wire circuit numbers and their function. When I got my Helms wiring diagram, as an added bonus I got six 22" x 34" wiring diagrams that go point to point and a list of all the colors and their function along with what each circuit number was used for.
Dave of the Nord

Cobra5150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm so confused.

Not even close. The 5.0 uses 8 individual triggers for the injectors and the 2.9 uses two triggers each shared among three injectors. I have a PDF of the '86 wiring diagram but don't know how to post it.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Not even close. The 5.0 uses 8 individual triggers for the injectors and the 2.9 uses two triggers each shared among three injectors. I have a PDF of the '86 wiring diagram but don't know how to post it.
Do you have Photoshop? You can open a pdf with Photoshop, then save it as a jpeg. If you don't have it and want to send it to me, I'll gladly do it.

EDIT: Basically what you are saying is the 2.9 is batch firing, while the 5.0 is sequential, right?

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Shane, I think I sent you some info on the first question about the 2.3 4 banger. Sounds so close to what Cobra is saying about the injectors sharing wires which would make me believe batch fired. Again, even depend on which 5.0 people talk about, 5.0L trucks up to a point were batch fired. I did see that the 2.3 in the Mustang used coil packs that required the crank sensor and the cam sensor.
To Cobra, you can download any pdf file right here if you, after your message, go to the advanced section that will allow you to up load a pdf, size limited.
Dave of the Nord

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals