PDA

View Full Version : 86 wont start....

this user name may change
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
yesterday i washed the engine down with some cleaner and sprayed it off with the hose....(with hopes of getting rid of all the crap stuck to it.) for the most part it did.... but now my engine wont start, i also changed plug and wires... and now i'm out of ideas..... has this happened to anyone else, if so how did you solve this?:icon_confused:

Explorin94
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Is the distributor cap wet?

05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
possibly.... how do i check?

05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
ok i finally got the cap off and heard water dripping..... so hopefully when the battery is done charging i can turn it over.....

BlackBII
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Check the firing order and make sure you didn't cross some of the wires when you changes the plugs..

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/images/2_9_firingorder.gif

05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
i did it one at a time.... but after i called my dad(who has probably owned a ranger longer than i'v been alive) he told me to just unscrew the distributor cap and wipe the inside with a clean rag... i did, or tried to any way, when i got the cap off i heard water hit the ground(at this point the battery was dead) and left it lop-sided for 4 hours... (the amount of time it took to get 6v in the battery.... when i got everything back together it fired right up on the first try......