• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 ranger gt production numbers?

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so just how rare is it to find a 1989 ranger gt I found one at a car lot and it has everything a gt should have is there any way to be sure it is a real gt and does anyone know what kind of numbers of these were made? Thanks for any help I am looking at it Saturday so we will see what happens.

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so just how rare is it to find a 1989 ranger gt I found one at a car lot and it has everything a gt should have is there any way to be sure it is a real gt and does anyone know what kind of numbers of these were made? Thanks for any help I am looking at it Saturday so we will see what happens.
-no real way to find production #s, as they were built as STXs and the GT pkg was an add on. there are many different things to look at for authenticity. build sheet, body buck tag, wire strap hangers on rear cover, f/r sway bars, lumbar/bolster buckets....etc. you just have to learn it. use the search function and look at old threads....post some pics when you can...

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have done a lot of research on these all of it mostly on here I love this place lol I will get pics asap so you can see it and thank you

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I cant get the pics to up load to this and I had some stuff come up so I can not go get this truck and it really sucks so here is where it is some one go get it please...................Craigslist Ohio under cars and trucks in Columbus just type in 1989 ranger they dont have it listed as a gt and I have called and ask if the price is firm and said I had cash they said cash makes it flexable please let me know if we can keep this one in the ranger station fam!:headbang:

longbedGTs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The only numbers I've seen were around 700 units for 1989, but that was on a persons website so who knows if its right. If Ford ever published any numbers, they must be buried deep.

Heres a pic and link to the truck you're talking about. Hopefully the undercarriage isnt too bad. I wonder how much rust is behind the ground effects.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/2172402582.html

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes there it is I want that in my drive way so bad its not funny lol as far as the rust goes I dont know but its still got a lot of potential to work with there from what I can see of it it looks like a true gt what do you think?

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes there it is I want that in my drive way so bad its not funny lol as far as the rust goes I dont know but its still got a lot of potential to work with there from what I can see of it it looks like a true gt what do you think?
-looks to be a real one, but some one put those big guady mirrors on it. or.........you could buy mine, and not have to worry about the fixing the rust....:icon_thumby:

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would love to and that would be awesome but from the looks of yours in the pic it looks like its out of my price range lol what would be the magic number on yours?

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i've got three and really need to move one........:icon_confused:.....:icon_idea:...$2,695....lol

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow that's a great deal on one of those I will pm you

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so I could not resist going down and taking a look at this truck it was a 200 mile round trip for me and a waisted one at that this truck is kinda rough I got him down to 1000 plus tax and title 1170 out the door I tried to get him down to 1000 out the door but he would not go for it it sounds like a singer sowing machine like most 2.9 do lol but it does hace potential the worse part about it is some one has had a light bar or something mounted to the roof and drilled a bunch of holes in the roof and now it has silacone covering the holes the core support is in good shape and the spring hangers and in great shape the bottom of the doors are starting to go but it does drive pretty good and runs strong a little rough for me but I am sure some one will grab it up

Diesel Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good choice, it does like it has potential, but only for someone who can strp it down and build her back up, which doesn't sound quite like what you're working for....

:icon_thumby:

dlevi2121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have plenty of projects right now like a 76 Bronco and a 70 Firebird I want more of a clean driver or at the least a clean body to start with so I can get the other stuff finished up before I take on another project I want one for the next small block project but it has to be just a little better in the body department for me or the price lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals